Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Kara's Virtual Baby Shower!

Hi there! Come on in my virtual guests & have a seat! Hi Kara! (Hi tiny-Spencer-who-is-still-being-handmade-in-his-mommy's-tummy!)

This pic is a 10 month old Nikki ready to get this party started!!!!

Please put a name tag on so we all know who we all are...



Kara's well on her way to having that kidlet soon. Oh, by the way--did you know that an elephant is pregnant for 640 days? So don't feel bad Kara, the "day" will be here before you know it! 99 days left!!

Speaking of babies...my twin nieces wanted to stop by & say hello! Please meet Abigail & Ruth...



On the buffet table there are an assortment of goodies to eat. Grab some munchies & punch. An appetizer you won't want to pass up are these Ham & Cheese Puffs. These are awesome little treats because they're easy to make & you actually freeze them & then pop them in the oven when you're ready! Bake ahead treats rock! (I couldn't find a picture of them on the internet. Probably because they get eaten so fast that no one has a chance for a photo!)


Ready for a game!? This is the ever-popular "Guess the Baby Food" game. I have taken pictures of 9 different baby foods. A list, in random order, can be found below the pics. Leave your guesses in the comment section.

Here are your baby food choices, in no particular order: peas, carrots, guava, prunes, peaches, sweet potatoes, papaya, bananas, applesauce.

And there will be a winner! I will place all the correct guessers in a hat & draw a name to receive
these lovely bits from WhiMSy love: a "Sassy Brooch" made of vintage buttons & vintage fabric, a wee blueberry pie magnet, a 4 pack of 1" vintage fabric pinback buttons AND a pack of those insanely awesome "fast-light" candles. Remember those from my wee one's 'tiny party'? (I have been DYING to share them. I went back to the store & bought the 10 remaining packs they had!) If there are LOTS of players, I'll draw a second name for something fun too!


And now for some gifties!!! Kara, I made a super sweet Wee Skullie Onesie for your little guy from WhiMSy love. It's embellished with vintage fabrics. It's a little larger in size, so he'll have to wait to wear it until he's a wee bit bigger.

And this small envelope accordion book is yours to keep.

It's filled with notes for you to fill in as a keepsake.

For dessert I baked up some mini frosted chocolate brownie bites. I couldn't resist the naked baby toppers. Yes, I do realize it does look a bit on the creepy side. But just go with it.
Thanks for coming to Kara's shower! Baby showers are not a familiar thing in the UK, so this is extra special that you all stopped for a visit & some fun! Love you Kara--& your little "bump" too! To make things less confusing we're asking that if you are hosting a baby shower on your blog for Kara, that you leave a link on her blog so there is one location to find all the fun! CLICK HERE for more wee fun!

I'll be gone tomorrow (Oct 2nd) & returning on the 5th of October! (Texas here I come!!!!!) So, the winners will be revealed on Monday the 6th. (You can vote until midnight on the 5th PST!)See you then!! (Oh, & Kara--I'll ship your package when I get back too!)

10 comments:

  1. Very cool party Nikki! Love the cupcakes and the little shirt you made The Duke. He'll be a cool British rocker before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nikki that is just such a Nikki picture I totally love it, you have not changed a bit you were always fun and free.
    I am loving your party its awesome, the cupcakes are totally awesome.
    I am in love with the rocking tee how gorgeous is the Duke going to look, I can't wait to put him in it.
    Its so wierd you mentioned Elephant pregnancy me and ash were talking about that in bed the other night lol.
    I am going to guess the foods if thats ok.
    1 Prunes
    2 carrots
    3 bananas
    4 sweet pot
    5 papya
    6 peaches
    7 apple sauce
    8 guava
    9 peas

    Have a fab time
    kara
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute gifts! You are so crafty! Okay so here are my guesses..
    1. Prunes
    2. Carrots
    3. Papaya
    4. Peaches
    5. Guava
    6. Sweet Potatoes
    7. Applesauce
    8. Bananas
    9. Peas

    See you tomorrow my friend;o)

    The other Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas and crafts! I love to look at your blog and see what cool things you are up to. My guesses on the baby food are:
    1. Prunes
    2. Carrots
    3. Papaya
    4. Peaches
    5. Guava
    6. Sweet potatoes
    7. Applesauce
    8. Bananas
    9. Peas

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun party nik!
    here's my guess - hurriedly made i might add lol:

    1 prunes
    2 carrots
    3 sweet potato
    4 papaya
    5 guava
    6 peaches
    7 apple sauce
    8 banana
    9 peas

    cya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh..uh.. haven't seen baby food in a while..
    uh..
    1.prunes
    2.carrots
    3.applesauce
    4.sweetpotatoes
    5.guava
    6.peaches
    7.papaya
    8.bananas
    9.peas
    fun! boy, they didn't have these fancy flavors when my boys were babies! gosh.. that actually looks pretty good..LOL..pass the papaya!
    Be safe on your trip!
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm....not that familiar with baby food...

    1. prunes
    2. papaya
    3. sweet potatoes
    4. peaches
    5. guava
    6. carrots
    7. bananas
    8. applesauce
    9. peas

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun for the mama to be and the wee one.

    1. prunes
    2. carrots
    3. peaches
    4. papaya
    5. guava
    6. sweet potatoes
    7. applesauce
    8. banana
    9. peas

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoy your blog. Here's my guess:
    1 prunes
    2 carrots
    3 applesauce
    4 sweet potato
    5 guava
    6 papaya
    7 bananas
    8 peaches
    9 peas

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1prunes
    2carrots
    3sweet potato
    4peaches
    5Guava
    6 papaya
    7 banana
    8applesauce
    9Peas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.