Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hanky Panky

Look what I worked on this past weekend! I've got a stash of collected hankies & I’ve been seriously thinking about how to repurpose them. It seems such a waste for them to sit lonely & unloved in my art studio. So, this scarf is my first hankie project. (Another one is in the works!)
I was originally inspired by the book Handmade Home {I think?! I’ll correct myself if I find out I’m wrong.} There’s a scarf project in the book made with suiting material & vintage sheets & other doo-dads & bits. And I immediately thought it’d be a perfect canvas to incorporate my hankies! What do you think? Is it too bizarre? This is my prototype & now that I’ve worked out the kinks, I’m excited to try experiment with other fabricsht & get some in the shop for Fall & Winter!!
It’s made of a thrifted vintage mens striped suit jacket, vintage hankies & vintage buttons. The back is made of a vintage sheet.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!
    I have a great deal of old hankies, and this would be a great way to use them. "some times I wonder what it would be like to be in that crafty head of yours" you have some of the best ideas. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is super cute ~ make more!:) Congrats on your fun book news yesterday, you go crafty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bizarre? It's fabulous and with man shirts and coats (aka blazers) making a come back this fall (from the eighties- remeber them?) I think these will be the perfect addition to any outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I saw that (sort of) yesterday! I meant to ask you what it was too! NOw I know :) Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check my blog! An award awaits you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh..that turned out soo perty!!
    XO
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the different textures, great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so very CREATIVE! i LOVE your ideas and thank you for sharing! Have a TERRIFIC day! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.