Thursday, February 11, 2010

This Year's Valentines




About a month ago my silly hubby--on his own--found some Valentines he thought the girls would enjoy passing out to their friends during the school Valentines party. (I asked him why he was purchasing them so early. He replied, "If we don't get them now, all the cool ones will be gone." Isn't that so sweet? And slightly neurotic?)

Well, being a wee bit disappointed that I wouldn't be able to help the girls create handmade Valentines for their classmates, I decided we should still add a tiny bit of handmade to the cards anyway.



Zoey & Pazely worked so hard doodling & drawing with markers to create little pieces of artwork that we made into 1" pinback buttons.



I punched a hole in the corner of each Valentine & slid the pins through. This way, the girls were able to specifically choose which friend got which button.

Today is the party & I can't wait to hear how much their friends loved the buttons. Because, what's not to love about tiny + handmade??

♥ Nikki

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

12 comments:

  1. I miss making/buying Valentine's! Becca is in Middle School this year & apparently Valentine's are out... bummer...

    The pins are super cute BTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome!
    I love the pin buttons idea. Great!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to add that personal touch. You have all done well and what a thoughtful husband to think of the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Can you tell me what kind of button maker that is and where you got it?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! Have you done a pinback button tutorial? They looks so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I love your blog but I don't even know if I'm posting correctly (and my 14 yr old just left the room in disgust over my inability to get this straight). Anyhoo, I love these and all the things you make with your girls! You've given me lots of inspiration for projects with my daughter since I discovered your blog! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are some 'sweet' valentines!! hope you are settled in your new home...
    hey friend...i've got a new blog address..trying to redecorate a bit.
    Happy Valentines to you and your family!
    XO
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute Nikki. I'm filing this away to do with my kids one day. I know they will be a hit at the party. Please let us know how the kids liked them. :-) And kudos to hubby for thinking on his toes and snagging the best Valentines before they were all gone. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey girl !
    I'am here again ^^

    faithfully, genuinely, they are cute! i love them! ^^

    great job yea ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi i recently found your blog and i adore it!!! your a cool mummy! i cant wait till i have kiddies so i can do fun things with them!!!!
    can i just ask what brand is ur badge maker?
    please tell us if they liked the badges x lors x

    ReplyDelete
  11. we did semi handmade ones this year too- but no candy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.