Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summer Diary Day 30: Fabric Houses Part 3


Dear summer diary,
Day 3 of the fabric house project meant we got to bring out the sewing machine. Yahoo! It's been such a busy weekend &, for that reason too, (beside the fact that my girls just need to take this one tiny step at a time in order not to get overwhelmed) this project is slow going. I'm learning patience.

We sewed the roofs on both sides of our houses & also the deatils to the the front: door, button doorknob, window & finally some optional trim along the roof line.

We are trying to only give sneak peeks of the houses because we don't want to totally spill the cuteness without them being done. Tomorrow we'll do the final sewing & stuffing. I can't wait until they are done. They're gonna be adorable!!!
Nikki

P.S. I can't believe one month of our summer is already gone!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to see it when it's finished! Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it's a fantastic idea! i'm also curious, what they are going to look like when they are finished :)
    hugs,
    micky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabrics, and look forward to the unveiling! Loving all your wonderful crafty ideas on here, this is a perfect pit stop for me and my girls to get inspiration and ideas of things to do!
    Nattie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.