Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Diary Day 78: Fabric Postcards

Dear summer diary,
I am so late in having Pazely get her birthday thank-you's written & sent. I decided some quick handmade postcards were the perfect way to send her thanks. I scrounged up some crafty supplies so the girls & I could make some up.

We kept things simple by using fusible web, cardstock & fabric. I took a piece of 8.5 x 11 piece of cardstock & cut it into 4 equal pieces. (I only had white, but it would be SO MUCH FUN with colored cardstock!) Next, cut a piece of fusible web that's just a little bit bigger on all sides than the cardstock. And, finally, cut a piece of fabric that is a little bit bigger than the fusible web on all sides.



Iron the fusible web onto the wrong side of the fabric. Position the cardstock on top of this, trace around with a pencil, & cut out. Peel off the backing & iron it, carefully, to the cardstock. After it cools, you can trim any excess fabric that is hanging over the edge. (Sorry about all the detailed instructions over a silly little postcard!)

I found a stash of vintage plaid fabric in my craft room & thought these would be perfect for mailing during my most favorite cool weather season. Who wouldn't love to get a piece of happy scratchy warmth in the mail this Fall? For a sweet autumn gift, tie a stack of wool fabric postcards together, add some stamps & a fancy pen.
Nikki

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I will definitely try this. Such a great idea for using up scrap pieces and old t-shirts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.