Sunday, May 20, 2007

YOWZA! It's the Sunday Featured Artist...Daisy Chains!

Ok, I don't know why I call the artists by their shop name, but that's how I know them. But Daisy Chains first name actually IS Daisy. And her last name IS Chains........Not really.

I'd like you to meet Rebecca, or Becky, or Beck, for short. I met Beck while chatting up sales in an Etsy forum & her quirky humor & silliness told me she was definitely on my "kool kat" list. Someday I'll make the drive to Oregon for a cup-o-coffee with my new friend, but for now I sip my imaginary brew while I get a chance to let YOU meet a fabulous artist...

Beck's Etsy shop, Daisy Chains, grew as an idea in her head because she was tired of going to local department stores to shop for children's jewelry for her daughter and coming up empty handed. You can also access her shop, & find out a little bit more about her business, by visiting http://www.littledaisychains.org/ Now, read on...

Where were you born, where are you from, where did you grow up, & where are you living now?
I’m a true Oregonian born and raised!! I've never lived anywhere else. I totally love it here and could never imagine leaving all these lush green trees. Besides, with the Mountain and the Beach both about an hour away I really couldn't ask for more. I love the outdoors.

What inspires you?
My kids for sure! I love seeing the world through their little eyes. Everything is so much simpler and lighter to them. They always view things on the bright side and I love that! They are my little reminders that sometimes life really is how we see it!

How long have you been crafting?
I didn’t start crafting children’s jewelry, or jewelry in general, until October of 2006. It blows me away to think that October was only 7 months ago!! I’ve totally picked it up and have been running with it ever since.

Share about, or describe, your favorite piece.
My favorite creation really varies daily and depends on my mood or on what I’m wearing that day. I think it is pretty safe to say that I have no idea; I kind of just like it all!! If I had to choose what I liked making the most I’d say bobbies for sure. It’s crazy how many different things you can glue on the ends of those things!

What’s your favorite color?
Green. Always been a huge fan of green. I have a pair of green chucks that I wear nearly every day. My husband thinks they’re hideous but they just say “Becky” when you look at them. They’re bright, silly and so darn comfy… I totally love them!

What one thing did you believe as a child, that as an adult you now realize was silly?
That if you had an umbrella you could fly off of a roof just like Mary Poppins. I realized it was silly a little before I was an adult though, I was 8. I was at a babysitter’s house and my friend and I had the brilliant idea that we were so going to fly off of the roof with an umbrella!!! We climbed a tree, umbrella’s in our hot little hands, stared over the edge giggling and trying to get the other to go first and I tell you once you jump, um you don’t fly. You thump. ;O)

How much time do you spend on your craft?
I quit my Office Space-esque job about a year ago to spend time with my three children. It’s funny, you’d think a stay at home Mom would have tons of time to craft away, but really between volunteering at their school, cleaning the house, running errands, meeting up with old friends for lunch, picking the kids up after school, doing homework and making dinner, my day soon becomes night. I usually don’t have time to craft until they’re all in bed. I craft to the Television. Monday’s, Wednesday’s and Thursday’s are the nights I get the most done!! I love ABC.

Use three words to describe yourself.
Simple. Warm. Silly.

Thanks Beck!

I always like to mention MY favorite piece of each artist I interview, & I must say, I love the bobbies too! But I have a little fondness for the "Put Put" turtle ring in Daisy Chains Etsy shop. When my brother, sister & I were little my mom made us call farts "put-puts". Not stinkers, or tooties, but "put-puts". Did you really need to know that? Probably not. But, when I see that ring, it makes me smile & brings back memories. Stinky memories.

I can say first-hand that Beck's customer service is superb & her products are adorable, right down to the packaging! So, go visit Daisy Chains. The girly girls in your life will thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Shoot! I have no girly girls to share with! :( But, I will still check her out! Thanks for sharing this neat artist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.