Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ugly....Need Help!


I need your help!! I got these business cards a few weeks ago & they were such a good deal. For 1000 cards I paid 4 dollars & some pocket change!! Shipping was free! I couldn't pass it up! I happened to be in the right place at the right time over on an Etsy forum & some kind Etsian shared about a great deal she had jumped on from Office Depot through fatwallet.com.
But, now they sit, ugly & depressed on my shelf. And I didn't do such a great job with the wording on the bottom because it's all jumbled, but oh well!
So, what can I do to jazz 'em up? And I don't have to do the same thing on each one. That way it'll add to the "whimsy-ness" of it. Please my blog friends, help a girl with some ugly biz cards out!! Maybe I could even "test" some of your ideas out & post pics. Will they ever be pretty?

8 comments:

  1. oh yeah... they were standing behind the door when 'looks' was handed out.lol! I'm thinking a pretty ribbon on top or no! some pretty paper! yes, cut out a little strip with some of those funky scrap book sissors-sp? or just find a cute rubber stamp and go to town! Just a thought...Sounds like a good deal though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love the idea of a pretty ribbon or strip of paper since it does have that wide band of open space at the top.
    I love asking for advice because I was thinking of a pattern ALL OVER, but the space on top is screaming "receding hairline"!
    I'm excited to try those ideas out Christine! I'm just havin' brain farts about it all!
    Love it! Love it girl!
    Keep the ideas coming my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stamp those puppies up. or even just ddodle on a couple... or 20. you seem to have plenty. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Jeanetta! I LOVE the doodling idea! I'm a great doodler!! You guys are AWESOME!!
    Yeah, I kinda have a lot...
    I'll be doodling 'til the cows come home. (What does that even mean?)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. well both my ideas have been suggested, i would doodle or print across the top.

    Another idea I thought was people like me as i am willing to volunteer to send 10 out to them and let them do something then we send back.

    Kara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. And maybe if you have any little stickers, you could add those to the card too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to suggest a doodle sort of thing. Maybe take some colored markers and draw fun borders around your name. I love the strip of paper idea. I'd do rickrack but you'd have to fray-check the edges. What a time consumer.
    I agree with kara, send them to people for them to work some magic. You could make it into a blog contest or something.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pinky shears. Use the other ideas and then pink the edges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.