Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Who is "WhiMSy love"???


I've been thinking a lot lately about setting some goals for "WhiMSy love" for the new year. One thing that bothers me is that I feel like there is not a cohesive look to the things I make. It's all random. I see some BEAUTIFUL shops on Etsy & there is a unified look to them, a similar feel to everything. I want that. So, I'm not sure how to attain that, but I want it.

I feel like some of my items are super funky & others are gooey sweet. But, that's also where my shop name comes into play: WhiMSy love. Some days I feel like a goofball---that's the "WhiMSy" part, & some days I feel all girly & romantic---that's the "love" part. And I LOVE trying all sorts of crafty projects. It's so hard to explain to people when they ask about my shop---"Oh, what do you do?" Well...um....I make rings out of vintage buttons, I do a lot of paper-crafts, I...uh...just started drawing &......I like cupcakes? I don't think I could ever pick just one thing & stick with it. I love trying new things & coming up with all sorts of creations. I just want all those random creations to have that "WhiMSy love" look....whatever that "look" is! And maybe the randomness is part of the "WhiMSy love" look. Or at least that's my excuse for now. Who knows...

I also want to come up with a logo & eventually create postcards, biz cards, letterhead, etc... I think before I do all those things I need to do some "WhiMSy love" soul searching. Who is "WhiMSy love"? What is "WhiMSy love" trying to say? I need to find the heart, soul, identity of "WhiMSy love" & so that is my goal for 2008.

So, any input, opinions, etc you have as I go on this journey will be MUCH appreciated! I'm excited about it! And I'm also excited about some new projects I have in mind for the new year!
**The crayon drawing is by my 5 year old of ME, done in August 2007.

1 comment:

  1. Nikki! How funny that we are in the exact same place with our shops. I want to be known for one thing that I do really well. Instead, I seem to have a bunch of random crafts. I love your shop though & all your stuff has a very "Nikki" look to it. It's kind of a vintage, indie look. I'm happy to brainstorm with you anytime. Just email me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.