Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pistachio Torte Recipe


I meant to share the recipe for the Pistachio Torte with you, but I forgot! My mom got this recipe about 17 years ago from some family friends. I stole it from her. This is how much we have used it over the years. I think it's about time I get this recipe on a card.


First of all, I don't like pistachio's. When my mom first made this I was like, "Yuck. I'm not even gonna eat that. Grody to the max." So, if you think it doesn't sound good, just make it. PLEASE. It is awesome!!! AND, the cool thing I just found out is that you can substitute ANY flavor of instant pudding in this recipe! Here goes....




ONE.

1 1/2 Cups flour

1 1/2 Sticks butter

2/3 Cup chopped walnuts

Mix & press into 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Do not brown.




TWO.

Beat these until smooth:

1- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened

1 Cup powdered sugar

1/2 carton cool whip, 9 or 12 oz size. (12 oz. size makes it creamier)

Spread over cooled crust.




THREE.

Beat these until smooth:

3 Cups milk

2- 3 oz. packages of instant pistachio pudding (just the powder in the box)

Pour over cream cheese mixture & refrigerate.



Before serving, spread the rest of the cool whip on top.



And this, as I'm sure you're aware, is the last day of April. My goal for this month has not been met. My goal, in case you forgot, was to learn how to use my video camera. My sister has had it for the past 25 days & I couldn't cram that fast. So, I'm giving myself an extension. I've got a super easy & fun tutorial planned to record & I can't wait!!

7 comments:

  1. i think it looks super awesome yummy to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't stopped by in awhile. Awesome as always! I have a similar recipe using chocolate instead of pistachio. I LOVE pistachio so this one is a definite TRY asap! Thanks!

    Charity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay - one, this looks DELICIOUS!! I LOVEEEE Pistachio pudding.

    two- how did I miss you are planning a video debute?!!I can totally picture some network picking it up and WhiMSy Love becoming a household name. :) (No pressure.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I first made this recipe about 17 years ago; I haven't made it in years. Dh just asked me to make it again, and I found you by googling Pistachio Torte. I always used chopped pistachio nuts with the butter and flour for the crust.

    Thanks for the great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thumbs up on this one! This is really something so perfect to me! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.