Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Wee Pink Celebration

I recently helped throw a baby shower for my sis-in-law to celebrate the birth of my newly born twin nieces. I volunteered to make & send the invites. I was so happy with how they turned out. For privacy's sake I had to block out the addy & phone info. So, ignore the sloppy little doodles I made to cover my secret digits.


I was absolutely proud of the invites. I am in love with my new scalloped edge scissors. And my mini hole punch. The theme for the party was "pink". Simple.




Another item I adored at the party were the 2 jumbo pinwheels I made that flanked either side of the walkway & greeted guests as they arrived. I always choose my favorite thing at any party I plan & I think these pinwheels topped my list at the baby shower.

There's my sweet Zoey rockin' it in her jellies.



Now for the food part! I helped make a yummy punch that consisted of cherry 7up, green sherbet, & raspberry sherbet. Sprinkle with frozen raspberries & it's ready for sippin'! It's so yummy & refreshing!
I had two lovely assistants helping me with the foodie preparations. We made salmon cream cheese sandwiches on French or whole wheat rolls...
...spinach tortilla rolls with chive-n-onion cream cheese, provolone, medium cheddar, smoked ham & turkey...
...& my favorite was the tortilla roll with chive-n-onion cream cheese, hot pepper jelly, walnuts, provolone, medium cheddar, smoked ham & turkey.
I've never made tortilla rolls before, & you can add whatever you want--lettuce, peppers, etc. Here's a play by play pictorial on how to make the roll...




We also served fresh fruit & shrimp-less Asian Shrimp Salad with Ginger Soy dressing. (Mom forgot the shrimp at home. OOPS!) It made for giggles later on though.


For the games, we played a "Guess the Baby Weight" Game.
We also played a fun "Price-is-Right" style price guessing game. I bought about 9 or 10 different items a mom would use regularly for her newborn. The party goers write down their price guesstimate for each item on a piece of paper, add it all up & the person closest to the grand total wins. The cool thing is that the new mommy gets all the game props! (I called ahead & asked what sorts of things she was in dire need of at the moment so I wouldn't give her ANOTHER pacifier to add to her stash of 20, etc.)

Here's another fun baby shower game: Freeze those little plastic babies in ice cube trays (overnight) & have the guests put one of the ice cubes in their drinks. The person who's baby escapes from the ice cube first wins. It's a play on the preggo mommies "water" breaking.



The cake was a store bought ice cream cake. For an ice cream cake, I thought Baskin Robbins did a great job!


I lost my camera halfway through the party so I don't have as many pics as I'd like & some photos were taken from other peoples cameras....But I did happen to catch one of the party guests toenail art! My friend Adria's wee one had fabulous green toesies!!


The guests of honor, who weighed just over 4 lbs at birth, were clueless to the hoopla happening around them. They are so adorable & sweet & squishy & precious & it was a great day to celebrate these wee miracles!

11 comments:

  1. Hi and Happy Wednesday! Your blog's just adorable (clicked on the link to it from Monica's blog...I love it (and your etsy stuff, too!) It's all just the kind of things I like!
    Randi
    www.randianderson.com
    sweetlyhappilyartfully.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty invites. Yummy foods. Darling babies!

    What a lovely party!

    truly,

    Sylvia C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, 'cause I'm a mom too: What a beautiful pair of babies to add to your family! Congratulations to the parents.

    Lastly, I'm a stationery fiend and I love love LOVE the invitations you made!

    As always, loved peeking in at your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man you were busy. Those cards look perfect too. This post should come with a warning label: WARNING! You will get very hungry ... Now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those invites are fabulous! Food looks awesome too, beautiful babes...looks like a fun time to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous celebration! mY zoe is 19 next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I found your blog when shopping on Etsy and I must say I am hooked! Thank you for inspiring me to have a girls day with my daughter! We Made cookies and crowns-she even painted a pretty painting for her room! I must say it was one of our best days ever!
    Thank you!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, I want you to do my next baby shower!!

    Oh wait, I'm not having any more babies. *sigh*

    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooooooo....how cute are they? i saw some little onesies with either stitching or printed (can't remember) that said "womb buddies" on it---for twins! funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!
    Congrats to the lucky parents of the wee princesses!
    You did an amazing job!
    Hmmm....lots of wonderful ideas you crafty diva you!!
    Happy Thursday.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. you threw a rocking party! the babies are so sweet, all of the food looked amazing and i love the invites! i wish you lived next door so i could see all your creations in person instead of online...
    thanks for sharing your inspirations/creations with all of us lookie-loos...
    -linds

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.