Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dreamy Lemon Bars

I got this recipe from my mom & grew up eating these yummy treats! It's very simple. 8 ingredients. You mix the first 4 ingredients, spread it in a pan & bake the crust. Mix the last 4 ingredients, pour that on top of the crust & bake it. Done.

Ok, I'll break it down for ya. Here's the ingredients you'll need:

1 CUP butter

2 1/4 CUP flour

1/2 CUP powdered sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon lemon rind

1/4 CUP lemon juice

4 eggs, beaten

2 CUPS sugar

Mix the butter, flour, powdered sugar & salt.Spread it in the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan. The directions don't SAY to do this, but I think I remember my mom marking the crust with a fork. Bake that for 25 minutes in a 325 degree oven.



Next, mix the lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar & eggs.


Pour that on top of the baked crust. You don't have to wait for the crust to cool. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Done!


Well, almost. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.


Cut into squares when cooled. And then eat.

17 comments:

  1. Do you know how much my hubby would love me if I made him these bars?! He HATES chocolate, so it's hard to find a 'treat' he enjoys! (that doesn't include jalepenos!)

    I might be able to get away with lots of stuff if I put a plate of these lemon bars in front of him!

    Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemon bars are my favorite....but mine always turn out runny. Good thing my bestest girlfriend has them nailed down. I'll have to give your recipe a try. thanks for sharing....loved the picture story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I grew up eating these too!!! Except my mom called them lemon triangles and there was always confusion trying to figure out how to cut them so they'd be triangles! Now that I'm older, I'm sure she was just trying to make a geometry lesson out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that I may have a new favorite blog! And after I make these lemon bars for my boyfriend, he'll have a new favorite blog, too! He LOVES lemon!

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also grew up eating these - they are so yummy! Now I feel like I have to go make a batch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally making these, thanks for the recipe! What size pan is best?

    ReplyDelete
  8. lemon bars are sooo yummy. brings back some memories too. that is kind of funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lemon bars are the best. My brother & sister always ask me to make them for their birthday. (Yes one birthday-they are twins!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. omgosh those look heavenly! nothing like homemade lemon bars! thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Lemony Goodness Batman!! Can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks yummy! What size pan did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry, sorry! I updated the blog: a 9" x 13" pan.
    Bake away my lovely friends!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my. Those look so delicious! Thanks for sharing your mother's recipe, I can't wait to try these. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy ! Will have to try these . I make apricot bars out of my Russian Tea Cake recipe, that is similar in the layout w/the crumbs- Different recipe- Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh wow. Happened upon your blog and this was one of the first posts I saw. YUMMY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.