Sunday, March 8, 2009

Molasses Cookies

These are sooooo delicious. I grew up eating these & thought I'd share. Have a look at the pics....the recipe follows.


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 CUP margarine
  • 1/2 CUP shortening
  • 1 1/2 CUPS sugar
  • 1/2 CUP molasses
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 4 CUPS flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons ginger
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cloves
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon


Cream margarine, shortening & sugar. Gradually add eggs & molasses. In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Add to creamed mixture. Roll into balls & dip in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. (I LOVE using parchment paper!) Cook in a 350 degree oven for 13 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Then eat some. With milk.


9 comments:

  1. These look yummy and I love the Brer Rabbit jar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound wonderful! Can you replace the margarine with butter and the recipe be okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gigi--I bet it would be fine to replace the margarine with butter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohm nom nom. I'm not much of a cookie girl, but these look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molasses cookies are my all time favorite! I haven't made them in forever. Now I have to after seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look so delicious... I love your blog tune by the way, it always gets me dancing lol Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking recipe - and congrats on the fp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to let you know I left you some linky love on one of my blogs - because you were my inspiration!

    http://ajedismusings.blogspot.com/2009/03/photo-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so good! I love molasses cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.