Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ostrich Girl

Last February I was lucky enough to be the winner of some goodies from Ostrich Girl. When my package arrived, the girls & I were super excited at all the fun stuff inside! Artist Sheri DeBow's original artwork is really quite whimsical. (Right up our alleys!)

Besides the adorable cupcake stuff, one of my favorite things about the loot we got were the sheets of Sheri's miniature artwork. The girls & I can cut them out, glitter them up & make cute little decorations from them!

This afternoon we sported our favorite Ostrich Girl super soft & comfy cozy t-shirts & had an impromptu photo shoot.

Predominantly a sculpture, Sheri also takes her artwork & applies it to anything from t-shirts, tank tops, jerseys, tote bags, brooches, pendants, paper ornaments, cards, tags, plaques & more!

Sheri currently has a show running at Eclectix in Berkley CA & will be featured in the winter issue of Art Doll Quarterly
She is one talented lady & we're happy to have a piece of the "Ostrich".

Check out the Ostrich Girl ETSY shop & visit Sheri's blog HERE.

And just for fun, you can win some Ostrich Girl loot too! (I'm sharing!) Leave a comment on this post & a winner will be chosen May 31st!

25 comments:

  1. Sweet! :) The pictures are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!

    I love the jumping photos that you take! They make me smile! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day. What cute stuff from Ostrich Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that cupcake brooch. (i think it's a brooch). Indeed! Your photo collage is quite colorful and beautiful!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the jumping pic. Your girls are so cute. :-) Also love the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the ostriches are the giraffes of the bird kingdom. I heart any animal (or girl) that can appear a bit awkward yet move around in the world beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was going to try out the jumpy pics for my bday/grad pics but i got hit by a car last week thus i have a sprained ankle.

    guess itll have to wait...

    and in the meantime ill just admire yours


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The jumping photo was too cute. I love all your jumping photos. They always put a smile on my face. And not I have a new blog to read. I have never heard of Ostrich Girl until today. Thanks for telling us about her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOw - fun stuff! I love how jumping is hereditary in your famliy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun! Heading over to check out Ostrich Girl now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a talented artist...and may I say that I LOVE all of your jumping pictures. So...signature!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh...Aaaah. More stuff I didn't know about that now I NEED! Thanks for keeping me informed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg, I love the ones with actual ostriches on them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your generosity! By the way, how do you take such great jumping and up close photos? All mine always turn out terrible, but then my kids are both under 5 so maybe that's the reason.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She sure does have some adorable looking items. I am going to check out her blog right now. Thanks for the opportunity to win something!
    melissalee1@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay!! Sheri is my friend. She is amazing and her artwork hangs at our favorite restaurant here in Napa, where we both live. She is a total sweetheart and I am so glad you ended up winning some of her loot. It was funny....when I was at her house she wanted to show me your site...I said, "already know it and love it!"

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a FUN package to win:) Me, myself and I and my kiddos would enjoy some of that this summmer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your blog is such fun! I just discovered it and I am quite enjoying all of your lovely photos and so much more. I have a blog, but I am a bit private about it and so I won't post it here. It's not quite as sparkly and fun, but it's all about my babies and I ADORE them. (I will email you the link)....
    Thanks for sharing with all of us...keep sharing! ;o)

    K

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, her stuff is so much fun!!! I am adding her shop to my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope I hope I hope I win!

    luvs, aby

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO FUN!!!


    Loving your music too!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for introducing us to this super cool artist! I want a package. If I play the sick card do I get to win? Oh! I'm so sick, please cheer me up....

    ReplyDelete
  23. looks like fun! count me in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.