Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Freezer Paper Stencils (Part 3 of 3)







After the whole thing is dry, I removed the rest of the freezer paper. The design comes out so crisp & neat! Toss in a dryer to set the design, or use an iron over the back of the design.

Done & ta-da!!




I purchased my vintage yellow shirt from the thrift store. I think I may experiment & add some more retro designs to the shirt.
I made two little shirts for my girls & had 3 leftover-- one for the champion bowler who also received a trophy, & one each for the high & low scorers of the night.



I think next time I would have preferred not having such a heavy hand with the paint. I think I would like an uneven & more "splotchy" or faded vintage look.



But I LOVE, LOVE this technique & can't wait to try it again. I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy stenciling!!
♥ Nikki

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. This is genius! Wow. I will totally be giving this a try.

    So the freezer paper irons on and comes right off after the design has been painted, and doesn't leave any waxy residue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I really like this tut. You can get so creative and detailed with this. And I have to admit, I thought it was so stinkin cool when you said the paper temporarily adheres to the fabric when ironed. I think it's a crafter thing. Has to be. LOL! So going to try this. Thanks for sharing Nikki!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.