Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Break: Day 12


On our 2 hour car trip to Cheyenne this morning, I had a secret stuffed in my bag of traveling tricks.
The idea came from my most favorite magazine EVER (which, sadly, has been out of print for quite a few years now): Martha Stewart KIDS magazine. It's from the 2006 Spring publication. I'll double check that & make corrections if necessary.

"Silly People Drawings" is the name of the game.

You simply fold a piece of paper in half & then fold one end back toward the creased edge & do the same with the other side. Sorta like an accordian or fan fold.



On the top section, one person draws the head, extending their drawing a teeny tiny bit into the next section so the next artist knows where to start from. Then fold the paper back so the 2nd artist doesn't see what was drawn. The 2nd artist draws the body. (Sorry for the horrible & sideways pictures. This is being uploaded from my iPhone & I'm no expert.)



Again, extend your drawing a tiny bit beyond the folded crease so the final artist knows where to continue the silly drawing. Fold the paper up before passing on the drawing to the next artist. (So it remains a surprise until the very end!) The last person draws the feet or legs.



Unfold your drawing & commence giggling!!!!







This activity took up about half our driving time! My girls mentioned, over & over, how much fun they were having & they wanted to keep drawing & drawing.
And, actually, you could have 4 people draw. One draws the head, the 2nd draws the upper body, the 3rd draws the lower body, & the 4th draws the legs/feet.
We plan on playing this again in the hotel room with daddy.



♥ Nikki

7 comments:

  1. We used to always do this as kids! I LOVED it! You're right, hours of entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome activity to do with kids ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that magazine too. I was wondering what happened to it. I never subscribed, but I always would pick it up on the newsstand. One time I thought I missed it and then eventually forgot about it. (I have kept all my past issues.) I started to Google it and came up with nothing. They should bring it back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what I love about you? Every time I come over here, you guys are having FUN!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I happen to live in Cheyenne and I wanted to suggest a couple places to hit up while here....1) Grafittos (on Lincolnway at Pioneer). 2)Barts Flea Market (again on Lincolnway at Thomes Ave)

    Hope you and your family enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! This reminds me of something my husband and I used to play on airplanes before we had our daughter. Now we play pass the screaming toddler. Not so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this idea! Dang you are creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.