Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer Break: Day 84

Here is the project the girls & I made today with our bubble paintings.
Origami bookmarks!

I have made some simple folded triangle bookmarks in the past, but found THIS triangle/square bookmark to be even better because the square side allows more of the artwork to show. We used heavy cardstock, but I certainly wouldn't use anything more heavy than that. Scrapbook paper would work most excellently. And, of course, origami paper.

We used a 5 1/2" square to create our bookmarks. And then we decorated the leftover strips with rubber stamps & an inkpad.

Punch a hole, & add ribbon, string or yarn.


For more origami bookmark fun, here is a list of Origami bookmarks to fold.
And a VIDEO that shows how to fold a square base bookmark (kinda similar to the one I made) but adding other techniques.

The book we're marking in the photos is Matilda. We're definitely recent Roald Dahl fans. First it was James & the Giant Peach & now Matilda. And I'm currently reading Fantastic Mr. Fox before the children do.
This Summer has definitely brought back a love of reading to me.

6 comments:

  1. I love the corner bookmark idea, and the other ones are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sooo pretty, I love crafting and adore books so this is like heaven for me lol. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get those stamps from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen!
    Most of the stamps were gifts, so I'm not sure where they came from. The mushroom one is from Etsy.com & he's called "Melvin the mushroom" -- he was handmade. The alphabet stamps were the $1 sets at Joanne's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE these bookmarks- the stamping on the bubble printed paper is fabulous! I'm linking to this on my weekly blog linking party to give the party a little needed blast of color, so hope that's okay, and I'd love to see you there in person as well! You might like my recent project using plastic bubble wrap printed paper too! Please drop by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I'm definitely going to try it out! Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.