Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ruffled Bottlecap Brooch

Inspired by the embellishment I created on the duct tape notebook cover, I decided
to make the fun decoration into a brooch. Easy peasy. Here goes!

First, you'll want to drill 4 holes into a bottlecap. Top, bottom, both sides.

Next, make a yo-yo.

I used a 6" circle, which made a yo-yo that ended up being almost 2 3/4" across.

Then, cut a strip of fabric that is about 1 1/2" to 2" wide & 14" long. Sew along the bottom & gather it all together in a circle. (It could be longer or shorter, depending on how "ruffly" you want your circle.)

Now, cut a circle from felt & sew on a pin.

You should now have 4 pieces that will come together to make the brooch.

Stack the bottlecap, yo-yo & circular ruffle together & sew them up using the holes
in the bottlecap.

And lastly, stitch the felt piece on the back.

All done!
Pin 'em anywhere & add a little bright & happy to your day!

(Can't wait to have your very own? Hop on over to THE SHOP & take your pick!)

3 comments:

  1. hee hee!
    They are so much fun!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your crafts! Only thing is when you said super easy then started sewing (I had no idea what a yo yo was) I realized I need remedial. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Nikki, those yo-yo on facebook had to be for bottlecaps :) You can be so offstream, love it! Great as usual!

    maomaocrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.