Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lunch Notes: Tea-ny Tiny Notes

Lately, when I've been drinking my tea in the morning, I've been saving the little envelopes that the tea is packaged inside, certain I'd be able to find something to do with them in the near future. I came up with a silly fun way to recycle these envelopes: little notes to insert in my kids' lunchboxes.


You simply cut cardstock to a size that will fit inside.
(I cut these particular notes to 2 1/2" x 1 13/16".)

If desired, snip a decorative edge with some fancy schmancy scissors.

I left my notes pretty plain.
You could certainly make a tiny little card that folds in half.
Or embellish with inks or stickers, etc.

Write a tiny note & stick it in your kid's lunchbox!
(My kidlet's lunchboxes are waiting in the fridge as I write this, with tiny happy tea notes inside!)

Other ideas: fill out a month's worth of tea notes & give to a friend to open every day of the month.


5 comments:

  1. wow, this is such a simple, cute little idea, and it makes other people happy! :) nice one, thanks for sharing this, from now on my tea consumption will go up again! Luckily my kids only start school in the middle of September, so I'll have some time to save up :)
    hugs,
    mickymunchkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely idea!!! I would LOVE to receive such a thoughtful gesture....they are super cute!
    nattie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I might have to start drinking tea just for the little envelopes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome idea. great repurposing! I love the idea of little notes in their lunchboxes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love, love, love, love this idea!!! Thanks so much for sharing all of your creative goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.