Monday, September 5, 2011

Sweetheart Journal


I found this idea via Pinterest & it comes from the blog
My Creative Stirrings.
The project is actually called "Can of Dates". 36 date ideas are written on a piece of paper, tossed in a can & given as a gift. But I stole one of the date ideas to do with Mr. WhiMSy love.
It's called "Sweetheart Journal". (Check out the site for the other date ideas! It'll give you some great inspiration!)
Here are the instructions or "rules" for the "Sweetheart Journal":

This little book has a purpose for you,
Its use should be shared between two.
Simply write a love letter, a poem, or note
To the one you adore, love, and often dote.
Then, hide this book for your sweetheart to find
And wait for a reply that will tickle your mind.
Remember, be creative and have fun
You have only your spouse's heart to be won.

Creative ideas could include: games (the dot game, tic tac toe), poems, letters, pictures, notes, comments about dates...

Lovely messages just waiting to be found?
Who wouldn't love that?

*The journal pictured was a leftover favor from Crafty Night: August & was simply made by ironing vintage fabric onto the cover of an inexpensive notebook using Heat 'n Bond Iron On Adhesive.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Would love to start this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for this post for a long time! I couldn't remember where I saw it! I posted about it on our dating blog, and linked back to you as well :) Now, if only I can get myself to make one. How is yours coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops- here is the link:

    http://the212project.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweetheart-journal.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.