Sunday, February 12, 2012

Miniature Cereal Box Valentines

I know it's down to the last minute.
That's how we crafty peeps like to roll. Am I right?

Well, I'm here to share with you the Valentines I created for the girls' school mates this year. I decided I wanted to do something with miniature cereal boxes, but I didn't know what. So I googled, found THIS, & immediately pinned it to my Valentimes Day board so I wouldn't forget. (Thank you Lily Jane for such a fun Valentine project!!)
Because I already had the paper, the twine, & the spoons, the only expense for these Valentines was the cereal boxes. (Forty Valentines for only $15.00!)
I changed up the layout of the wrap-around labels from the inspiration website. I didn't have the same cereals accessible & I just couldn't get creative enough to come up with a Valentine pun for each stinkin' cereal. So, instead, I found a silly knock-knock joke & decided to create THE SAME label for each box of cereal. That was just easier for me. (It took me a second to understand the knock-knock joke though. haha!)
As you can see, the cereal box was first wrapped in brown kraft paper, which I adhered with a bit of tacky glue onto itself. Then, the Knock-Knock Joke label was wrapped around, using double stick tape. I used glue dots on the back of the spoon & stuck it to the side of the box, & finally wrapped twine a couple times around the top of each spoon & tied it in a bow. (I only included a "From" on my girls' Valentines, just to make it easier when they pass them out to their class.)

I'm so happy to share with you my first real PDF that you can download yourself!!! I'm seriously sending major hugs to Jo, of the blog "A Bit of This & A Bit of That", who directed me in the way of Scribd., & a tutorial on her very own website on how to embed a PDF to my blog. Click HERE for her tute. I can honestly say I'm not afraid anymore & I'm pretty sure I'm about to go all PDF-embeddin-crazy up in here.
(And P.S.: I love you Jo.)
I think I did this correctly? It might take me a few go's to get it right.
Print the labels onto an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper. Cut along the dotted lines. The narrow strip on the bottom is just a throwaway piece.
Cereal Valentines Label

6 comments:

  1. Awwww I love you toooooo
    and I only got the joke when I said it in an American accent :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids will love those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute idea! Thanks for sharing!
    Renee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love this. Happy Valentine's Day to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is too cute! Your daughter is going to be so popular!!!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo cute! What's your pinterest handle so I can follow you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.