Wednesday, July 11, 2007

'UGLY BIZ CARD' CONTEST!


**(UPDATES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE!)**
My blog friends have convinced me to have a contest to see who can create the most exciting & whimsical creations from my "awesome-dealio-of-the-century-but-quite-unattractive" box of 1000 plain white business cards.

HERE'S THE SCOOP:
If you're interested, email me your addy at whimsy-girl@hotmail.com & I'll send you 11 biz cards. You will use your creative & crafty ways to give them a truly unique makeover! To keep it simple, please use the same "theme" for all your cards. For example: If doodling is your thing, doodle on ALL of them. If you're into collage, do them ALL collage style. Like, don't doodle on one, put stickers all over another, glue paper on the next, etc. Does that make sense? (Sorry for all the "rules", but I think it'll be easier to decide on a winner if the cards maintain a consistent theme.) Keep a biz card for yourself, then send the other 10 BACK to me & I'll have a vote to see who the winner is! I've also decided to attach your name &/or etsy address to the back of the card as "Artwork by: such & such" The biz cards will be mailed out in the orders I package up at the shop, or to random strangers I hand them to. Isn't that cool of me?

DEADLINE FOR CONTEST: Please have all the cards mailed back to me by September 1st.

"What's the prize?" you ask. I'll be giving the winner a fab WhiMSy love vintage button ring & a fork easel! Also, I was thinking that if anyone wanted to participate by sending promos or more prizes, just email me & let me know & I'll send you my address. I'll update any new info (such as new prize additions to the contest, & who has joined the contest, etc.) at the bottom of this page--so save this blog entry for future reference! If enough people decide to send extra prizes, we may have 2 or 3 winners declared!


Thanks everyone!!! I look forward to receiving your creations. And thanks for helping a girl with ugly biz cards out! Any questions? Just email or leave a comment!! Ciao!
**Here's a link to the "Promotions" forum on Etsy where I left an announcement about the contest too!
********************UPDATES********************
Contest Players/Makeover Artists:
2. Beck @ Daisy Chains
3. Claire @ Absolutely Small
4. Marley's Treehouse (*need address*)
5. Christine @ Bella Colle
7. Kara @ Innocent Charms
8. Jeanetta @ Splendid Designs
9. Ginny @ iSew.biz
10. Jennifer @ Crimson Cat
11. Melisa @ Melissa P.
12. Meredeth @ Notuboc
13. Jennifer R.
14. Geri @ Altered Crow
15. Carrie P.
16. YOUR NAME HERE! ANYONE & EVERYONE CAN JOIN THE FUN!
(Last day to join contest will be August 3rd! The ugliness is on its way to those whose addresses I have received!)
PRIZE PATROL!!! PRIZE PATROL!!!
>>>1. A set of bobbies from Daisy Chains!
>>>2. A pair of earrings from UK boutique Innocent Charms!
>>>3. A sweet hair accessory from Bella Arte by Bella Jean!
>>>4. A fork easel AND a fab vintage button ring from WhiMSy love!
>>>5. A goody from Pampering Beki!
>>> Other prizes are in the works too!

13 comments:

  1. You are a contest happy little crafty-chick! I love it! :) (Actually, I think the ones you doodled look great!! :)

    Count reindeer in! :)

    JoAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! My first contest participant!
    I agree JoAnne, I am a little hyper when it comes to having contests! But, I've ALWAYS loved giving gifts, & I think this is another outlet for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay count me in!! I'll totally donate a pair o' bobbies of your choice to the contest too!! This sounds like soooooo much fun. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I want to play! I'm off to email you...fun! fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Nikki can I join in and would like to donate a pair of earrings if poss.
    Kara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nikki hope you don't mind but I am tagging you.
    Kara
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kara! Of course I'll accept your earrings for the contest!!

    OK, I've been tagged...now what?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool idea for a contest! Good luck to everyone that enters =)

    Nikki, may I take part in judging the contest? I will be out of town for the next couple weeks, so I cannot participate, but I'd still like to be involved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amber, you have until Sept. 1st to mail back the biz cards--you can totally still participate if you want!

    I think the judging will be an open/anyone can vote for their favorite pick type thing. So, yes, you'll be helping to judge too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray! I'm so glad you decided to have the contest. You'll end up with a lot of great cards in the end. If I have time to whip something up, I'll donate too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll play!! off to e-mail you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bahaha!!! I have those same ugly business cards!! Mine say PamperingBeki, but you know... still the same deal.

    I bought pretty percent off stickers to put on the backs of them so they can be my promo/discount cards.

    I love this contest idea though! I'd be happy to donate a prize. :) You can contact me through my blog or etsy if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.