Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy 2nd Day of Fall!


I was surprised "out of the blue" in the mail the other day with a lovely gift from Laura over at katydiddys! I feel so honored because I know she's been talking about wanting to give a go at soldering & charms & stuff. I have it hanging from my most favorite funky lamp--right on the little on/off switch. It looks really cool! Thanks "Doll"! It's really a cool swap--one that doesn't overwhelm me to participate in. Now, what I do is send Laura a gift "out of the blue" & also 2 other people. You see, it's a never-ending chain of happiness arriving in the form of a parcel, lovingly delivered to your recipient's nearest mail receptacle. And, in case you didn't catch it, the name of the swap is called "Out of the Blue". Who knows....you might just get a little something arriving soon... Or maybe not, so don't get your hopes up.



I wanted to show off the cute little pumpkin bread masterpieces. They are awaiting delivery tomorrow morning to the girls' preschool teachers & assistants. I'm also attaching a small card with the photo I took of Pazely holding the acorns.



I don't know what I'm going to use these fabrics for, but I just love them! The brown & red one came from a nearby antique mall. The reds & browns just warmingly say....Fall.
The other fabric came from Goodwill & I think it is so fun! I'm always collecting vintage fabrics & really have no project in mind when purchasing them. I'll think of something fun!
OK, tonight I am going to package all my contest winner's prizes! YAY! And, I'm hoping to have enough time to have a shrinky dink party. By myself. But hey! That's a good idea----gather some friends for a shrinky dink party! I just might do that one of these days!!
Hey, you wanna know something silly? It's 4:45pm & I'm still in my pajama's. Weeeeeehooooooo!
Goodnight my little blog-lets!

7 comments:

  1. i love that brown and red fabric. it screams that it wants to be an apron for the holidays to me. but thats just me. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that retro fabric is yummy, I agree with jeanetta apron for sure.
    Love the pumpkin bread they look so cute, oh I wish i lived near you.
    out of the blus sounds like the pay it forward swap it is such a wonderful idea, and lauras charm oh what a treat
    kara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a swap!

    I love those "crafty in my jammies all day" kind of days. There just aren't enough of those in the year, IMHO :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked the charm Nikki. I'm not a "smooth operator" like Bella Colle, but I'll keep practicing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I think Laura did an excellent job! very cute! I think the 'jewels' add just the right touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's an award waiting for you at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh- love that fun fabric- yes, we are victims of fabric hoarding- can''t resist! MMM- shrinky dink party- I'm heating that oven up and getting those pans out now!
    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.