Monday, May 12, 2008

Crafty Kits

I've had fun sharing about the crafty-ness I teach each month at my MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers) meetings. And this month is a little different. It's the last meeting of the season & it's always a busy one--lots to talk about, lots to do, not always time for a craft. So, last year was the first time I created a "take home" craft & it was a hit! I made a "Bag-of-Tags" for each mom. The kits were filled with paper bits, tags, string, ribbon, glitter, jewels, stickers, letters, etc.--enough stuff to make 8-10 giftie tags. They were so fun to put together & I think the moms loved them!


This year we'll be taking home birdhouse kits. They were purchased from Oriental Trading Company. I think they're just garden or yard decorations, not for real live bird dwelling. These sorts of kits are AWESOME for craftin' with yer kidlets too. There are a variety of very inexpensive crafty kits sold at JoAnne's Fabrics, Michaels, Walmart, etc. & the reason they are AWESOME is because you can be as simple or as extravagant as you want when creating- you can add your own flavor. These really are "blank canvases".



I painted my birdhouse in multi-colored pastel shades & then added decorative scrapbook paper to the front. And then there are fabulous touches of glitter & jewels!

Here are some crafty kit ideas:
-Grab a few inexpensive crafty kits & stash 'em away for a lazy summer day or a creative weekend of projects.
-These are really simple gifts that kids can make & give to teachers, friends, grandparents, etc.
-I know Easter has passed & Christmas is a long while away, but I love putting crafty kits in my girls' baskets & stockings.
-These kits are a great way for kid's to be introduced to crafty things without feeling overwhelmed or intimidated.
-Crafty kits are fun to do at slumber parties or sleepovers!
-Whatever your specialty, you can show it off with these type of crafty kits: beading, stamping, painting, scrapbooking, etc.

2 comments:

  1. hand-made crafts are the best aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your birdhouse! You should totally sell those all cute-d up like you did! :) I'd buy one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.