Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Happy Day!

I recently got to go to the library---all by myself!!! I LOOOOOVE going to the library. But when I get to go by myself I seriously squeal "Wheeeeeeee!" & do one of those little jump-in-the-air heel taps. I came home from the library, brewed some tea, put my feet up, flipped through book after glorious book & just relaaaaaxed with the hum of a TV talk show in the background. I need those kinds of days every once in a while.

I've decided that, since my very first show is coming up in December, I need to put a fire under my crafty butt & get to makin' things in a speedy way. So, I've written out a schedule to keep me on track. I'm starting to panic (already?) because I know the show will be here before I know it. And I don't have a surplus of handmade goodies spilling out of boxes or cupboards. I just know my neighbors will think I've turned into "that weird lady down the street who never comes out of her house."

And while I craft away, take a peek at what I'm looking forward to....
Although, it still feels so much like summer here. The leaves aren't looking so fantastic & crunchy yet. And hot chocolate just sounds...hot. I'm guessing cuddling with a warm cozy blanket is out of the question too. But, I'll still celebrate!!!!

5 comments:

  1. you'll be able to cook up plenty with those books nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day you had! It sounds super calming and way inspiring!

    I am SO excited for fall, too!

    My quirky habits are (finally) up.

    Have a good night!

    Sylvia C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a juicy stack of books you've got there :-)

    As far as fall goes, right there with you! In fact, I'm having a little Fall party on my blog next week. Hope you'll come! http://lisaclarke.net/2008/09/17/welcoming-autumn/

    ReplyDelete
  4. those look like a really fun set of books! Also, your house looks really cool, I like your yellow chair! Good luck crafting...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.