Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Q is for....QUIRKY.

I have been tagged by jellybelly jellybrain to post 6 quirky things about myself. Where shall I begin?......

1. A couple times my girls & I have seen a squirrel, underneath a tree in our yard, digging in the ground, depositing his acorn, & patting the dirt back on top. We always go over & dig the acorn up. I know, we're mean. But, that squirrel's probably got, like, a bajillion other acorns in other secret locations.

2. When I was little, I used to wonder if my dolls came to life when I left my bedroom. I'd sometimes leave my room, but wait around the corner & then jump back real quick & say, "AH HA!" They never moved. Those sneaky buggers. And I'm almost positive one of my Cabbage Patch dolls was the ring leader. Here, in this video I'll recreate the scenario for you....(Pardon my wee ones messy room!)

3. When I was about 14 years old I used to get a little extra cash by selling handmade skateboard stickers. I would draw designs on those sticky white mail labels & when I was satisfied with my artwork I would put clear packing tape across the top & cut around the sticker to give it a clean edge. My brother would sell them for me in our apartment complex. I don't think I made over 20 bucks, but still!

4. I used to hide behind my long hair, so when I was 19 I shaved all my hair off. I had been gone for 4 months to Quebec Canada, the eastern United States & Honduras on a Discipleship Training School with YWAM (Youth With a Mission). It was sort of an outward expression of the change I felt inwardly. Yes, I know. I was super skinny & super young. Oh, those were the days....

5. I like to buy toiletries, makeup & housecleaning supplies in only pink colors. This is a recent addiction. So, not all the bottled cleansers & body sprays have crossed over. Yet.


6. My favorite part about my physical appearance is my freckles.

So there. Now, I'm off to tag others...
1. Beck
2. Sylvia
3. Kara-The Simple Life
4. Jeanetta
5. Laura

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in and making me chuckle on what has been a fairly sad day for me.
    Hmmm ... all household products in pink - I'm liking the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shaved head! I have always wished I would have done that...I did complete my quirky things as well.

    Your blog is looking pretty nice as well! I love the new intro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! YoUr BlOG is sooo fun!!
    Rockin'...yay!
    oh yeah, sold out of all my fork easels!! Gonna need me some more soon.. =)
    XO
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did it!! I showed Mik your hair pic. I had too! He thinks it's awesome when girls shave their heads. ;O) Hey, he's kinda quirky too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shaved my head when I was 18 too how wierd, everone thought I had gone mad as my hair was down to my knees.
    I love pink and always buy pink stuff it smells better.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!
    Thanks for thinking of me.

    This should be a fun one.
    It will be up tomorrow!

    truly,

    Sylvia C.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.