Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Potatoes & Hair...

The first of my Monday night feasts--a potato bar-- went well! Even thought I burnt the Velveeta & overcooked the broccoli, there was plenty of food & all 13 of my customers were happily in a tater coma. OK, this Velveeta stuff....I had never used it before. It's weird. I don't know if I'll use it again.
I didn't get a chance to take a lot of photos like I wanted to. Bummer. I was busy on potato patrol.
This is a scene in my kitchen that doesn't happen often: all 4 burners used at once! (And the oven is full of potatoes too!) I'm a cooking maniac. For toppings we had: broccoli, sauteed mushrooms, cheese sauce, chili, sour cream, salt-n-pepper, green onions, bacon, & butter.
I did manage to snap one photo of a magnificently stuffed tater...& the owners 'tats'.

And now, for what you've all been waiting for. Right?

On my way over to the salon for my hair appointment, I was thinking, "I wonder if I have enough hair to donate to Locks of Love?" And guess what? I did!! The awesome thing is that not all salons are part of that program, but my salon just recently partnered with them. Neato!

Ta-da! That's what 10 inches looks like! That is so freaky looking. Geez, could I smile any bigger? I bet I could.



Melissa at J. Christopher Salon & Spa cut my hair. I've never had a style like this before. I was tired of that mop on my head. You can't totally tell in this photo, but it comes to the bottom of my ears in the back & then angles down a little past my chin in the front. (Suzie, the masseuse, took the photos in the salon.)
I'm definitely getting used to it. I can't wait to play around with it more. But I'm totally excited that I can still put it in pigtails. Tiny, itty-bitty pigtails, but pigtails all the same! OK, so now I'm going to be looking for cute clippies & bobbies. I may have to raid my girls hair accessories.
After my hairy adventure, I picked up my 6 year old from school. She ran toward me & said, "You look pretty!!" My 4 year old came out of her classroom, flicked my hair with her fingers & said, "Uhhhh, what did you do that for? You look funny." HAHA!

13 comments:

  1. I am new to your blog. Came across it this past weekend. I am now officially a stalker! Monday, I made apricot Scones from a recipe I found on one of your posts (could have been months and months ago - I went WAY back, didn't want to miss a thing) and I copied your Felt crafted cupcake as well, Cute! I wish I could follow you around, just doing stuff! Glad you enjoyed your fall walk... I am in FL, so don't find to many fall leaves here. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what you get up to next! Oh, and your hair looks great!

    melissalee1@bellsouth.net
    Coral Springs, FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Velveeta has a nice melting point, but it still tastes like processed cheese food now matter what you do to it.

    More importantly, LOVE YOUR HAIR!

    Haircuts make me feel like i've lost 5 pounds.

    It's a wonder I don't shave my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) Velveeta is "weird"!! I'm pretty sure aliens make it. I think it's funny that it's the first time you've used it. Your arteries are probably squeaky clean! :)
    2) Hair is adorable.
    3) I really want a potato now. :)

    Lydia
    www.understandblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so so so so cute! Love the hair! I wanna follow you around and do stuff too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Your hair looks so super cute! Doesn't it feel odd when you wash it now?? I always love getting new do's. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I LOVE your hair and am mildly jealous but I have made a promise to the Mr. that I will grow my hair for a while (last hair cut was a disaster).

    I am oddly craving potatoes now;o)

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  7. A potato bar sounds yummy! Never thought to do that before. I love twiced baked potatoes. Also, I love your hair! It's a cute look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great!! very in. now you'll notice everyone had the same idea...just means your cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your hair. I've been contemplating cutting mine too.

    Velveeta is weird, I agree. BUT, it's really good mixed with rotel to make queso. Really. It's the only thing I like to use it for. Just mix one can of rotel and half of a large velveeta package (I think--just check the back of a rotel can or velveeta). Mix it in a double boiler...it won't burn or in the microwave. Quick, easy, yummy queso!

    -Lauren

    ps I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the new hair is so cute! Excellent choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the new hair. It's funny, because I'm planning on getting a bob next month. I turn 39 (gulp-that's awful close to 40) next month & want to shake things up around here. You look really chic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your new haircut! I will be cutting soon for my second Locks of Love venture, as soon as I figure out what I want my hair to look like next...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.