Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday Sale Starts Today!!!!

HAHA! Here's my 2-second drawing of a little holiday elf announcing the BUY ONE GET ONE HALF OFF sale in the shop!! Sale runs from Friday Nov 28th thru Monday Dec. 1st!

I have been a super productive crafty girl lately. Button rings were on the agenda for the past couple of days. And I even came up with a really cool ring display for the Holiday Bazaar. The combination of empty egg cartons & lentils did the trick! It could either look like I'm trying to be uber-recycle-chick OR it could look like a poor-man's-jewelry-case. I like it though. I'm hoping when everything is put together that it will have the feel that I imagine in my head--whimsical & clever & lovely. We'll see. I'll let you know when I get there.

And I just thought of something funny today. Well, I chuckled a little. I think I only have about an hour & a half to set everything up at the bazaar, as in: park the car, unload, carry everything to my display table (making multiple trips), & then unpack everything & make it all pretty on my table. I'm kinda freaking out & thinking that's not a lot of time. So, I was thinking of having a mock display set-up one night where I'll time myself & everything. And then I thought of an episode of Dukes of Hazzard where Daisy was in this competition & one thing she had to do was put together some motor or something (I can't remember what) in the fastest time. She'd been practicing for days & days & timing herself. And when the actual competition came, somebody tried to sabotage her by turning the lights out. Well, that was no problem for Daisy because she'd also been practicing putting this thing together blindfolded. What a gal! Anyway, I know I'm probably messing that specific episode all up, but that's how I remember it.


Here's the ring boxes I promised to show you. I can't wait to tuck the sweet rings inside the boxes & hand them to my customers! It's so sad that the splotchy painted wood surface in the picture there is actually my dining table. I've totally destroyed it. I got it at a garage sale about 4 years ago for 17 bucks, so I don't feel too bad. Someday I'll have a real dining table & then this will become my work table. That's the plan anyway.
My mom & grandma are gonna be one of the crazy nutso shoppers waiting at the department stores at 4am this morning. I'll be sleeping in. And then waking up to make more stuff. More book art & some fun tags I'll sew up on the machine.

Now stop reading & go shopping!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooooh I LOVE your ring display idea. Super spiffy I tell you. I bet you'll get lots of oooh's in auh's all nice an live like. The set up thing cracks me up cause seriously that is what I do before every show, just without timing myself. I just want to KNOW what it's going to look like first. ;O) Hope you had a fab holiday with your family Nik!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your display is going to look awesome! I wish I could come see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the display of the rings in the egg cartons and I really love the ring box, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the egg carton for display. very cute and makes the rings look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.