Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's Almost Turkey Time!!

The kiddies are officially on Thanksgiving break! Wheeeee! Time for turkey fun! My 4 year old brought home this project from preschool today & I HAD to show it. I thought it would make for some perfect last-minute crafty Turkey Day fun.
Just simply stuff a lunch sized paper paper bag with wadded up newspaper, or cotton balls or dirty socks, etc. Fold back the top flap & staple down.
Cut out various shaped papers---stars for the feet, a heart for the belly, a triangle for the beak, a head, that little dangly thing under the beak, & as many feather shapes as you want.
Write these words on the belly: "I am thankful for..." & then on the feather shapes ask your child what they are thankful for & write them down. Glue on all the shapes in the appropriate anatomical turkey-ish way, slap on some googly eyes & you're done!
It'd be fun to have each member of the family take a couple 'feathers', write what they're thankful for & glue them all on together.
I also put together some gifties for my daughter's 2 teachers. I made 2 sets of the Felt Dessert Picks. But silly ole me forgot to put the actual wooden bamboo skewer/picks in with the package. Well, hopefully they get the idea.
And I'm totally into this 'sewing on paper' thing. I just can't stop!

I'm working my crafty booty off every day at gettin' stuff made for the Holiday Bazaar. A couple nights ago I worked on fork easels. They're made, labeled, priced & ready to go. The day after I made them, my hand was aching so awful! Ah, the price I pay for the love of handmade...

I just got more supplies today to finish making LOTS MORE vintage button rings. Last night I started on them & they are so cute! They just look like little pieces of candy to me. So sweet. This weekend I'll have to give you a peek & also let you see the adorable boxes they're packaged in! Hopefully I'll get some in the shop for the BUY-ONE-GET-ONE-HALF-OFF sale at WhiMSy love starting the day after Thanksgiving!
I'll be hangin' with the fam tomorrow. Eating lots, playing card games, munching yummy pies, sipping tea & gabbing with the female cohorts of my family while the male figures slouch on the couch & watch football.
Happy Thanksgiving my blog friends! Have a wonderful holiday!

4 comments:

  1. When do you sleep?!??


    I love how creative you are right down to the tiniest detail of everything you make.

    And a sale? I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did some sewing on paper to make some business cards...fun huh? they are a little addictive...well, alot.
    anywho...have a great thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you..
    got my package today..
    Thankyou..luvin' 'em...
    Just wanted to wish you and you sweet family "Happy Thanksgiving 2008"!!
    XO
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, pop over to oneprettything to enter the contest if you haven't already, and have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.