Friday, February 6, 2009

A Handmade Valentine


One of my favorite crafty sites, The Crafty Crow, has some BRILLIANT ideas on a sweet Valentine theme. (My reverse applique beanbags are included!)
I'm totally making the felt cuff bracelets with my Daisy girls at our hearty party next week.
AND those owlie Valentines??? Where have they been all my life? I thought my girls would also have fun making these shrinky dink keychain Valentines for their classmates. (The chain & connectors were purchased in the lighting department at Home Depot.)

Look at this "map of my heart". It is so special! I'm definitely doing this with my wee ones.


Wheeee! I'm all fluttery inside with all this Valentine goodness!

8 comments:

  1. I love all of these. It just reminds me that Valentines day is right around the corner. Happy National wear red day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Love love love. Your blog is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute ideas! It's giving me ideas for my Daisy troop, too! We had a troop meeting yesterday and made cuff bracelets out of cut up toilet paper rolls, elastic and felt. The girls loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "map of my heart"! what a great idea, and those dreamy lemon cakes look well worth a try this cold and frosty weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love all these valentine thingies...but still craving your lemon bars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the link to the crafty crow. what a great website! will you be my valentine?

    ReplyDelete
  7. the owls are super cute :)
    Just letting you know I have tagged you. Its just a bit of fun, if you are interested, see my blog, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shrinky dinks are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.