Saturday, February 7, 2009

New Stuff!

You know those people that laugh at their own jokes? Well, that's me. And this new ring set may be an example of that. I have had this in my head forever & finally sat down to make them. I think they're hilarious! My 'DORK' & 'NERD' ring sets sold, so why not "HAWT DAWG" ya know? Find this latest creation in the shop.

And I have been a bizzy crafty chik this week. Mostly working on custom orders. I LOVE changin' up the pace & making something different. These tiny cupcakes await their tiny cherry toppings.
I even got a special request for some sponge cakes! It's their first time in the shop & I'm so happy! This photo is of 4 half-finished cakies.

And here's one of my crafty projects done 'the old fashioned way' because of my lack of computer graphic knowledge. I chose to doodle my own owlies & create magnets with my button machine for a customer who is having an owlie party. I think they turned out really cute! I think it's fun to have a tiny piece of original art this way!

In fact, I was so inspired (by myself--haha!) that I created some one-inch "love" buttons for the shop. They can be made into magnets or pins.

I have a busy Saturday ahead of finishing up custom orders & packaging up some of my 'Writing on the Wall' book art for delivery to the Bellevue Art Museum!! I'm so excited!
Happy Weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Aw! Love the little owl magnets. Wonderful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giggling right now cause when I saw the HAWT DAWG rings, the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song instantly began ran through my head...oh how having a toddler invades all parts of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crafts are adorable. Those sponge cupcakes would be perfect for my girls to play with their dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want some of those tiny cupcakes! The ring is hella cool too, I might just have to throw a custom order your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cutest cupcakes & sponge cakes ever and i am completely digging on the magnets! your new additions are inspiring and i think its gonna be a great day! i'm off to check out your shop...have a fabulous saturday =0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to tell you for a long time now, you should check out the artist Brian Dettmer- he does book sculptures that are AMAZING! Here is a link: http://centripetalnotion.com/2007/09/13/13:26:26/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your love pin. Very simple but yet likeable. Intreting crafts...the owls I like too.
    I enjoyed your blog very much. will follow.
    Thanks,
    FLor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikki, the magnets/pins- too cute! Love 'em! The rings are pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. look at all these nice ideas! I love the sponge cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all so cool (and diverse!) -- great photo for the Hawt Dawg!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.