Monday, February 23, 2009

Random Acts of Craftiness.

Last week I joined The Toy Society. (Thanks Emma for the link!) I am sooooo excited about being a part of it & I can't wait to make my first item for this project. To simply explain: You make something awesome, drop it off at a location of your choosing & it gets found by someone who hopefully gets all squealy & happy! Attached to your crafty item is a tag that says "Take Me Home!". A note is also included explaining what The Toy Society is all about, inviting the rescuer to share (through email or blog comment) that they found it. It's basically like you're a super secret crafty agent spreading handmade love. I like to think of it as a 'Random Act of Craftiness'.
I've had so much fun looking at The Toy Society Flickr Group photos of all the goodies people have made, along with photos of their "drops" & even some photos sent in by the people who have FOUND the items!
The cool thing is that it doesn't even have to be a toy--it could be anything handmade. To join, just visit The Toy Society blog by clicking HERE, or by clicking on "The Toy Society" button on my sidebar. Once signed up, you'll receive an email explaining ALL the details & even a PDF link to print out the notes & tags to tuck inside your drop pouch.
I'll keep you updated on all my Toy Society adventures!!

**All photos are from the Toy Society Flickr photostream.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki! This is the Greatest! Thanks for telling us all about it.....I just signed up and am so excited to make a doll or two :) I'd love for you to enter my giveaway too. Thanks for making me smile everyday---you're a crack up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! I may have to check this out! I've heard of doing this with kids on May Day and leaving random bouquets of flowers around... but this idea is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME, is what I gotta say! I'm battling going and signing my happy butt up for this thing now, or waiting until I finish up a couple of my swaps on Swap-Bot.

    My friend sent me a link to your blog. I think I'm gonna have to kiss her! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super! I'm going to check it out. :)

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hilarious! I love the idea of guerrilla crafting. Spread toys, not war! :)
    Seriously. Made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just knew you'd be totally into it!
    I'm definitely doing it when the weather is a bit nicer here!
    I can just picture you hiding in some bushes with binoculars waiting to see who finds your package!
    xx
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea!!! Hmmm...I wonder what I could make...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wooooooow, that is so awesome! I can only hope to find a treasure someday (since I haven't the time yet to participate in the making part :)

    thanks for sharing!

    xo, amanda @ www.kiddio.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...I can't wait to blog about this and do it! This is right up my ally...you should hear how fast I am typing because I am soooo excited about it! Thanks for sharing....and....thanks for stopping by and good luck on my giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so let me say i have been following your blog a while i hope you dont mind since i dont know you i have wanted to say something to you for a while but now i will since i totally love this idea and i too would be tickled pink to find something handmade in a act of craftiness. i love looking at everyones ideas i just dont have a lot of time to put into my own blog. anyways thank you for your creative encouragement you rock! Danette mother of two wild little boys living in spokane wa but grew up near eugene or

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat idea...I could imagine someone jogging and finding a hanging bag with toys in it! What an interesting story. I may just have to join.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a neat idea. Imagine if every one in this world spread a little cheer...

    good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool! I so want to try this when I finally get back to my craft room. Thank you for mentioning this. Can't wait to blog about this and pass on the info. Could you imagine a world of surprise prezzies all over? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love this! I have to check this out! Would love to see the suprising faces from the finders.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds awesome! Awesome!
    Hit 'em in the head with a big dead possum!

    I am getting ready tostart a craft group through the library I work at and this would be an awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! I'm going to do this up here in Canada!...As soon as I can shovel my self out :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. This idea has warmed my heart so much! My kiddos and I are definitely going to be doing this! I am teaching myself how to crochet and knit so hopefully soon I will be able to make a little something that I would be proud to give someone else! I do have some felt around here that I could try to make something with.

    Thanks for posting the link and I am definitely going to post it on mu blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for mentioning the Toy Society! I did my first drop yesterday and hope that it cheered up the finder's day!

    And awesome blog, btw - I love your style and way of looking at life. You're a joy to read. Thanks for sharing your life with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.