Wednesday, May 13, 2009

{cupcakes}

Yesterday afternoon I made cupcakes to bring to my littlest one's preschool class. She has a summer birthday, but today is the day she'll celebrate with her friends at school. Pazely LOVES Little Pet Shop toys with a passion! Her birthday, the last day of June, will be in the theme of "Little Pet Shop". I kinda cringe at the thought of planning a party around trademarked characters. Maybe I'm a handmade snob.

I purchased these Little Pet Shop stickers & decided that the girls & I would make some decorations for the cupcakes.
The girls & I cut &/or punched 3 different sized circles, stuck them together with double-sided tape, put the lil' stickers on, & hot glued a bamboo skewer (cut in half) to the back.
The girls had a blast digging through my box of scrap papers & designing each cupcake pick on their own. I was wondering what kind of mess the picks would look like with such a random selection of different colored & patterned papers. But they turned out adorable! The "hodge-podge" look works!



And Pazely was so proud. That's the most important thing!
I'm sure I'll be repeating this project come birthday time in June. Despite the fact that I'd rather make my girls' parties completely handmade, I decided that I would face this party as a challenge. I am really going to try to bring a handmade element to the theme.
Trademark shrademark.

10 comments:

  1. You have no idea how badly I could go for ALL of those cupcakes right now! ;) Cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute! And, yeah, trademark characters aren't as much fun to work with, but I'm sure there will be many, many ways that you can make it your own...

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you admit it, yes you are a handmade snob :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are too cute! My daughter was so into those a few years back. She has a collection of about 100 of those little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say that it looks like your girls inherited your excellent taste and talent for crafts....those look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!

    But I think there's a cupcake missing? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Yes Beki, there is a cupcake missing. It's in my belly:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/whimsy_girl/3527823268/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for how to mix "commercial" lines with handmade love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are planning a Mermaid Tea Party here. I'm trying to avoid the Ariel element, but it's tough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are SO cute too! I love the proud look on your daughter's face! I want to see them in the cupcakes though! I'm sure they were adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.