Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Littlest Pet Shop Party Favor Bags


I was able to whip through the making of the party favor bags due to the small gathering that will be attending my birthday girl's party. I'm feeling slightly guilty about that. Invitations were sent too late. Wee friends are otherwise preoccupied. So, it will be a fun day with family instead. Cousins, big & small, (my 17 year old nephew just flew in from New Orleans! SO excited to spend this next week & a half with him!!), & great grandma & uncles & aunts & mimi & papa. Don't forget mommy & daddy & sister!
As I mentioned in a previous post, I followed along this Etsy How Tuesday video tutorial for some easy peasy drawstring favor bags. (The "how-to" starts at the 48-second mark.) I purchased my fabric at Walmart. One yard made 4 nice sized bags with a large strip of fabric left over. But, best of all, Mr. WhiMSy love thought they were pretty cool!

Getting these bags done was my biggest hurdle--& they weren't even that hurdle-ish. Everything else from this point on will be a piece of cake! Or, at least a piece of cupcake.

4 days & counting...

8 comments:

  1. Love the party bags. Just wanted to let you know that we've given you an award. Please stop by our blog to check it out and, if you are inclined, pass it along to some other great blogs. Kind regards, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. momentsinaneyeJune 24, 2009 5:44 AM

    Hi, I stumbled upon your blog,and glad I did. Your work and your blog is so much fun to look at. I will be stopping back soon. Littlest pet shop is such a cute idea. Thank you for letting me visit. I have to go to your etsy site now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! And isn't it funny - I always get extra excited when hubby likes a project, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh! SOOooo much cuter than plastic goodie bags- and the kids can use them again! I know my girls LOVE collecting little trinkets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be THE cutest birthday party! Love the invites and bags. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is far way better than those plastic party bags! It's cute. The color is not dull. It's simple but nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This party bag is cool! I LOVE THE COLOR! Kids will surely love this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.