Friday, November 20, 2009

Quick-Sew Envelopes


I love sewing on paper & I thought I'd show off the envelopes I've been stitching up for mailing out orders.
They are super simple to make & have a lovely handmade charm to them. As you view the pictures you'll see my step-by-step method. But here are a few tips, or pointers:
*I use brown craft paper & sew the envelopes up on 3 sides using a zig-zag stitch. The thread is very random---whatever bits are leftover on my bobbins! (And if one envelope has 3 or 4 colors, I like it even better!)

*Decorative scissors embellish the envelope flap.

*Make up some smaller envelopes for an adorable presentation of a gift card or some holiday cash! (Use double stick tape to hold the flap down.)

*Kidlets can help decorate the heck out of these too: stamps, crayons, markers, paint, glitter, stickers, etc.
{That sweet deer stamp makes me giddy!}









11 comments:

  1. Love it! Totally copying it! Thanks for the idea. And the deer stamp makes my heart flutter too. So sweet.

    Good luck with your move. Moving is exciting and the opportunity to meet new people is one of the best parts! We have friends all of the world from moving and each time it was hard to say good-bye, I knew I was just going to add special people to my list of friends with the new location. Wishing you the best of luck and fun on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea!!!!! I am thinking of using some cool metallic thread - red for Christmas, or silver. Or, I could stamp my craft paper and then use a contracting thread - cool label. Thank you so much for the inspiration!!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LUU-UU-UU-VE IT!!!!! I don't know how to dew, but have been contemplating getting a used sewing machine to make cute little crafts. I have no desire to make clothes. You have definitely sold me on starting my search for one. Hmmmmm.... b'day present???? Good luck with the move! Oh, and I love your crafts. I borrowed one of your ideas for our MOPS group. Hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute! I'm seeing these in my future!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them. I like the idea of stamping something on them, too.

    http://bissell-kids.blogspot.com/2009/06/fingerprints-designed-photo-wrapping.html

    These are the ones I made for giving picture orders out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You so Rock!! I made a Thanksgiving card for my "secret sister" which has sewing on the paper. I was wondering what I should mail it in that would be equally cute! ♪Love It♪

    ReplyDelete
  7. What? These are so neat and simple. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.