Wednesday, November 25, 2009

*sigh*


Mr. WhiMSy love is obsessed. He's gone crazy with this oversized roll of saran-wrap he purchased. In fact, he purchased two. You can buy these GINORMOUS rolls of clear plastic stretch-wrap for moving. It's a moving accessory really. {It goes great with anything. Plastic sheeting is the new black, so I hear.} You use it by wrapping large pieces of furniture so that drawers & cupboards don't fly open & spill out while you're trying to load 'em onto the moving van. Well, he'll wrap YOU if you stay still long enough. In fact, the photo shows proof of this statement. Almost every piece of furniture in this house is wrapped in that stuff. It doesn't matter if it has a drawer or a cupboard. It doesn't matter how big or little it is. That stuff makes him happy. Me, not so much. In fact, I had a meltdown late this afternoon.

 I've had ENOUGH of packing. (And ENOUGH of monster rolls of plastic wrap.)  We have gotten SO much done. But when I think about how much there STILL is to do, I get overwhelmed. So, I had a good cry. And then Mr. WhiMSy love tried helping me out by walking me from room to room so I could see all our progress. After I looked past all the shiny things covered in plastic I noticed that some of the boxes had been "tagged" with portraits of a giraffe...or a flower...or other drawings. My girls were walking around with markers in their hands on an official box decorating expedition. And stuff like that makes me happy.

 Well, I better head to bed. Although, I'm not tired. And I keep thinking, while everyone else I know is probably preparing for tomorrow's holiday meal or visiting with their families that have arrived from out of town, I'm in my lonely, dark & quiet house, surrounded by smelly cardboard boxes & this empty room echoes with the typing of the keyboard...
*sigh*


10 comments:

  1. ah i know how you feel but don't forget eh those packed boxes mean a fresh new start xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweeite....
    Im sending you a big hug that could "span a sunset" straight to you.

    Can you go to your friend tia's tomorrow? or any other family?

    Do you by chance have one of the dr.suess books "oh the places you will go"...I think its worth buying if you dont. Its guaranteed to make you smile and fill you with encouragement!

    xoxo
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you some virtual green bean casserole...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll think of you while eating my turkey and pies. I'll even eat a little extra just for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We moved away from family and friends five years ago - moving boxes and holidays are a hard mix! And, not to worry you, but I actually cried the entire first year after our move too - no friends, no family, an unfamilar church family, no Walmart, no Starbucks, no Olive Garden, no children's museums - but then gradually this became home, and this life started to feel right. And now, I can't imagine going back. (this was meant to be encouraging, by the way!) Oh, and watch out for the markers - my girls, actually signed their names in corners around the house, so it wouldn't be forgotten that they had once lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was bound to happen. You are about to experience huge changes in your life. Keep looking for the little things to get you through. (Although, I would be crying thinking about how I was going to UNwrap all that furniture! HAHAHA!) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here and we've just finished dinner. But as soon as I tuck in the kids, I'll have another bowl of ice cream with extra chocolate fudge (summer is round the corner!) and think for you and your family, sending good wishes, good vibes... or in spanish: buena onda!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well nik, this is ONE thanksgiving you wont' ever forget, even if there wasn't a turkey involved!!! or is the turkey the one holding the giant roll of saran wrap!!! HAHA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you a nice big hug. I can't imagine what you are going through but I can guess how heartbreaking this is for you. It will get better. Once you are on the road and get into your new place things will look up. Hope you and the family had a lovely Thanksgiving. Keep your head up ok. Hugssss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think a mini meltdown or two is healthy. What a kind and patient man Mr Whimsy seems to be. Thinking of you. Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.