Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Correspondence


Yesterday the girls & I pulled out our notecards & writing paper & got a big chunk of thank-you notes written. My mom taught me the importance of the penned "thank you" & I feel it's a pretty special ritual to pass on to my girls too.
One of the favorite Christmas gifts I gave this holiday was something I put together for my 7 year old, Zoey. She loves writing letters & ends up using MY stationery most of the time. So, I put together a little "letter writing kit" for her. (This was her "NEED" gift from the "Want. Need. Wear. Read.") I purchased a pack of fun writing paper, some bright pens, her own peel-n-stick envelopes, some stickers (to decorate the envelopes), her OWN book of  postage stamps & I even printed out some return address labels with her name & info on them. (If I would have thought about it at the time, I would have also added a little address book with all her family & friends' info written out.)
She felt pretty special!

10 comments:

  1. Soo cute! We ALWAYS had to hand-write thank you notes at Christmas -- and not only do I still do it as an adult, but for sure plan on continuing it with my kids. This seems all the more important when letter writing seems to be becoming a dying art... : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun gift! I was thinking about pulling something like this together for Olivia for Valentine's Day. :) She has learned how to write her name and now really wants to "write notes" to her friends. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous gift. I think it's nice to encourage old-fashioned letter writing. I'd love to get something in the mail besides a bill! Do you know the line from Blackadder "I feel like a giant pelican. No matter which way I look I see a giant bill."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaaand you have an award over at my place. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, love the new look- stripes and notebook paper, a fun change!


    Now, this is a great gift! My girls have been sending letters since before they could write! And for pre- writers thank you cards, I mailed off a piece of their art work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! when my kids learn to write I will definitely do this for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a special present. I'm glad I'm not the only one who values the thankyou note. It's so simple, but so rare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did something sorta like that for my nieces friend, she was going to india for the summer, so they wanted to be pen pals. I made her a purse(out of a template, it was a paper one) and made personalized notecards, envelopes, paper, and a beaded pen with her name. She really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be linking this idea over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i absolutely love your blog, so i nominated it for an award (over on my blog)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.