Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fireside Mocha


My sis-in-law sent me some of this for Christmas. I thought it would be a great recipe to share.


  • 2 Cups CoffeeMate or any powdered creamer


  • 2 Cups Hot Cocoa mix


  • 1 Cup Instant Coffee


  • 1 Cup Sugar


  • 1 tsp. Cinnamon

Put it all in a big bowl, stir it up, and put into containers of your choice. {I got my container at a thrift store. But a simple cellophane bag tied with ribbon would be sweet too!}You can also use flavored creamers if you want. Or powdered peppermint in place of the cinnamon.


To make my felt-n-button medallion just stack pieces of felt atop one another & stitch together by adding a button. Punch small holes in 2 opposite corners, thread twine through & tie around container.


I made myself a cup yesterday while hanging out with my bestest bud Tia. Even though we're now 1200 miles apart, we're continuing our Tuesday Tia/Nikki dates via Skype. I'm so excited! Anyway, we were searching the 'net & found THIS awesome site with lots more dry beverage mix recipes.
Have fun!


13 comments:

  1. Hey, that's funny that you mentioned hanging with Tia on Skype--I blogged about doing that very thing (only crafting together)! GMTA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty! I think I will try this next year. And your container and tag are lovely too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOUNDS YUMMYAND DELICIOUS!
    I'll try this one when the chill arrives
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet this cocoa hits the spot! Such a cute jar and tag! I've heard of Skype but haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I am definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always with the creative! Very cute. The recipe sounds yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it sounds absolutely yummy and I love you decoration with it

    ReplyDelete
  8. That drink sounds toasty warm to me. I will have to try it one day. I bet it smells delish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made homemade hot cocoa for folks for Christmas this year, too! Great minds, right? :P

    Mine had a packet of jello chocolate pudding mix in it and powdered milk. No coffee or cinnamon. The rest was pretty much the same. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I make this for our Christmas Party guests. :) I usually include a couple of crunchy cookies (for dipping) and a candy cane. And I usually use the mason/canning jars- but decorate the lid. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to come and browse your site, since you consistently keep the gears in my little brain moving!

    So- I'm giving you an award on my blogsite!

    Check it out, buttercup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i recently found your blog.....it's simply delightful. a friend made this for me this Christmas I drank it seven straight days in a row. i asked if she put "crack" in it and now I think i know why i put three tablespoons per cup! um pass the sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish you sold the Cute tags for the Coffee instructions....that would be so timesaving for me :) Love the Look! Thanks for sharing! Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.