Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer Break: Day 24

We've recently had some wet, rainy, slightly gloomy days. And cold too. I decided to make some hot chocolate today to fight off the chill. But not just ANY hot chocolate.

When Mr. WhiMSy love & I visited Argentina many years ago, we had our first taste of Argentine chocolate. MMMmmmmm! And we also had what's called 'El Submarino'. It's a hot chocolate drink & I just think the way it is prepared is so fun!
I found a recipe & wanted to share it with you.


Mix in a pot, on the stove:
 4 CUPS milk
1/4 CUP sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
 Heat it up until right before it boils.
(Ah, the sweet smell brought me back...)
Pour the milk mixture into 4 mugs.
Serve with a big rectangle (1 ounce) of dark chocolate.

The chocolate is the "submarine" & must be sunk in the milk. Stir around until it melts.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this hot chocolate, and guess what I'm trying tomorrow with the kidlets?
    Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my kids went to Argentina (not all at the same time!) they came home with dulce de leche which they would spread on a banana--mmm mmmm!! such a yummy breakfast treat! :) My 17 year old leaves for Buenos Aires in 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I love Dulce de leche too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word...could this be heaven?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.