Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Crafty Night: April 2011

I cannot tell you how giddy I feel when I see this banner hanging up each month for Crafty Night. Right on Main Street. Swaying in the breeze.
 And this month I was especially giddy because it was our biggest night yet: There were 18 of us crafty folk that gathered to get all creative-like! (And 7 of those were newbies to the Crafty Night scene!)

This month we embellished Chinese paper lanterns.
I couldn't decide between painting them with watercolors or using a decoupage technique with colored tissue papers. So I chose to have both options available.
I painted a sample with large flowers & small polka dots.

 
Supplies even included magazines for design or color inspiration & paper-n-pencils for sketching ideas. I found the small squares of tissue paper at Michael's, & the 14" paper lanterns & light kits online.


 



 
I already knew, beforehand, what my favorite part of the night would be: getting to see all the ideas everyone came up with!


 
Guests all left with a 'Can of Spring'. Unfortunately I didn't plant the grass seeds soon enough--so there was no green to show. But the little buggers will sprout. (I'm crossing my non-green thumbs.)

I wrapped emptied cans of food with woodgrain contact paper & then wound several feet of colored yarn 'round the middle. I made the plant picks with bamboo skewers, a 2" round punch of cardstock, a sticker & a gem.
(At a loss for gathering all the cans I needed for this projects, let's just say there's a lot of corn & beans in plastic bins in my fridge...)

To view all the pictures from our night of crafty fun, click HERE!
To view the Crafty Night facebook page, click {& like!} HERE.

Next Crafty Night is...
Tuesday, May 10th
6-8 p.m.
ON3 Photography
Main Street, Bridgeport
**Reserve your spot! Limited Seating!**

4 comments:

  1. What a COOL craft idea! Off to go look at all those pictures now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I can't believe you don't charge for crafty night. I am totally moving up there before you start :-) They came out GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://j3jeannesjemsjewels.blogspot.comApril 13, 2011 9:33 PM

    Wow that looked SO FUN!!! I want to move out there so I can have crafty nights with you. Everyone's lanterns turned out SO GOOD!!!

    Rock on with yer crafty self. >:>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome time. The lanterns look like they turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.