Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

 This week is Teacher Appreciation Week.
YAY for teachers!!!!!!
I found THIS cool idea on Pinterest to give as gifties.
Instead of following the recipe on the Pinterest link, I used my own caramel dipping sauce. Click HERE for that recipe. I tripled the recipe & was able to fill the package of twelve 4 ounce jars I purchased at Walmart. (The jars are so tiny & cute!) There was even a little bit of dipping sauce left over for snacking. I topped each jar of dipping sauce with a layer of Heath English Toffee Bits.
(The jars came with little labels that I stuck on the outside to read "Keep refrigerated".)


The tags were free printables I found HERE. I love them!
You can choose notecards or little gift tags. (Even stationery!)
On the card I wrote a poem I found on the internet:
If I had two apples,
Do you know what I would do?
I'd shine them up and keep one for me,
And give the other one to you.

A  bit of vintage green lacey trim finished it off perfectly!!
(I gave extra leftover apple treats to friends.)
Even though this is a super small gesture of appreciation, I hope the girls' teachers know how grateful we are for them!

6 comments:

  1. saludafarngirl@me.comMay 10, 2012 2:50 PM

    Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fantastic idea. Beats chocolates and coffee cups I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable!!! I would have LOVED this when I was a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know that I made these a couple of years ago and JUST posted them on my blog at http://www.everydaynation.blogger.com with a link back to you. Thank you for the awesome idea! The teachers LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the title of your post "End of Year Teacher Gifts for Those of Us Who Aren't Millionaires". haha! Amen.
      Don't you just love those tiny jars? I adore them!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.