Thursday, May 10, 2007

Skullie Cuteness!


I love sunny days when I can sit on my front steps, enjoy a lovely afternoon, & watch my daughters play while I get to be crafty! And today I finished working on this "muscle tee". I have seen these skulls everywhere. I decided to jump on the bandwagon. In fact, I made one for my newborn nephew that turned out absolutely cute & perfect! I've had a couple requests for adult sized tees & this is my first.
I bought a pink muscle tee at Walmart for about $5.00 & some cool vintage reproduction fabric on my birthday road trip in April. This specific tee is for a friend's bridal shower. I'm putting together all things crafty & handmade in a fun little package for her to drool over. This bride-to-be happens to be my number one fan & I hope she'll like it!
Although, I made a huge mistake. I forgot to prewash the fabric! I get so excited sometimes, ya know? This may be a test shirt that turns into a dirty rag before the day is over.

UPDATE: I got the tee wet & dried it on a HOT setting. It turned out fine! Lucky me! Phew!

5 comments:

  1. ohh soo cute! what a neat idea, lots of folks have 'scary' ones.. Yours is cute. Fit enough for 'Elizabeth'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I love the combo of the "rocker" skull with the dainty vintage pastel fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I hope it doesn't shrink on you though. :-)

    (http://www.hobbyzu.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear it worked out for you! I made a humongous quilt for my mother a few yrs. back and forgot to prewash the fabric myself. That turned out fine also! Maybe those prewash people don't know what they're talking about!! :-)
    (http://www.hobbyzu.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Very nice Blogger list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.