Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Spontaneous in Spokane!

The family & I took a quick little day trip to Spokane today. (About a 2 1/2 hour drive.) It was a much needed getaway & we had a super fun time!!! (I was also able to get some much needed craftiness done on the way back home!)
We rode, for the 2nd time this year, the beautiful 1909 Looff Carousel. It has one of those original organs that plays as the carousel speeds 'round & 'round. It was the highlight of my 4 1/2 year old daughters trip & I love that she calls it a "miracle round" instead of a "merry-go-round". I didn't ride it today. I got scared last time. Seriously! When we rode the carousel in January, I tried to act all brave for my 2 & 4 year old, but I started freaking out! I am such a wimp. So, this time my excuse was, "I'm gonna take pictures.....OK?" Bummer thing was, the carousel was going round too fast (but then again, that is its job, right?) & I kept snapping shots too early, or too late. Or one kid was UP, & then the other was DOWN. Wheeee! It was a disaster of a photo shoot! I did catch a couple cool shots of the actual horses on the carousel that I might use for note cards in my shop. I'm really getting into this whole photo/picture thingy. I'm lovin' it!
You also might want to check out another self-proclaimed photographer extraordinaire. (He says he's a photographer. I say he is extraordinaire. I mean, a math teacher with this amazing gift on the side? That just ain't right!) 'Jared in Kansas' catches some GREAT shots that I envy!!!! You'll have fun browsing through his Etsy shop.
So, after a day of carousels, snow cones, people watching, walking, beautiful weather, a giant water fountain, wet kidlets, sandy playgrounds, munching on Chinese food, shopping, ice cream cones & silliness, I'd say my day is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.