Friday, June 8, 2007

A Morning at the Park...


I took my girls to the park the later part of this morning. I needed a break from craftiness. We needed to get out.

I'm finding it hard to juggle all the duties of a mom & wife & also the consuming passion I have for creating. If I could, I would craft all day. But I don't ever want my kids to resent what I do in terms of all the craftiness. I include them in every possible way. But I feel awful when I sit at the computer & my five year old says, "Mom, you like the computer a lot, don't you?"

I'm a lousy housekeeper. I'm not so great at cooking meals. But, I can craft with the best of 'em!

I'm learning to pick up a broom every once in a while. I'm learning to use the stove more & less of the microwave. I'm learning to prioritize, to organize, to get a flexible schedule planned out, so that I continue to be available for the little people in my life.
I'm learning to take more breaks & play.

5 comments:

  1. I think you and I are a lot alike... I'm really good at indulging my crafty whims (or my geeky whims, depending on which side of my brain wins that day) but not as good at keeping a clean house or paying as much attention as I should to little people... They entertain themselves so well sometimes I forget that they shouldn't *have* to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks polka dot! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I mean, I know I'm not, but sometimes....ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, your a good mommy! That sand castle is cute. I have to stick to a schedule or I don't get "my time" and mommy's not happy if she doesn't get "my time". But you know what? I am seeing signals that mommy needs a time out from all 'this business stuff' and get back to just hanging out with my guys! My memory is down to a big fat Zero! lol!Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 4 1/2 year old made the sand castle. They had so much fun!
    I always look forward to my "mommy" time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you. Being crafty is like doing any other job & trying to be a mom. It's hard to be everything to everyone and still make sure our own needs are being met. You are doing a great job! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise-especially yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.