Friday, June 22, 2007

A Sweet Treat!


Look at this cool stash of chenille bits & pieces that my mom picked up for me at a garage sale today. She was totally thinking "neck wraps". Some of the floral pieces would make adorable pillows. And, if I could quilt, I'm sure all of it together would make a schnazzy lil' blanket! But I don't quilt. So, there won't be a blanket. It pays to share your crafty projects, dreams & visions with others!




I'm so excited! I got a new solder gun/iron yesterday. (Crazy crafty chiks & their toys!) I hope this one works. It was in the mid price range, but I made sure that if it doesn't work that I can return it. I'm hoping to get rolling on my bottle cap rings! My buddy bellacolle has been giving me tips & pointers. I don't know if you remember my April blog posts about the whole "As Seen On TV" solder gun? Not fun.
I'm hoping to rip the packaging off tonight & get to it! I've been busy filling orders (yippee!!) so I've not been able to "play". Come tonight, I am totally gonna play, play, play!!!


The fam & I are going to the 14th annual Cool Desert Nights Car Parade tonight. We've gone the past 3 years, since we moved back to Richland from Arizona. It's just the most awesome fun of chillin' out in your beach chairs, eatin' something tasty, & watching really neat old cars drive by. They block off streets & everything! Some cars light up, some cars are very LOUD, some blow smoke & squeal their tires, but they are all unique & mostly really old. We always pick out our favorite car in the parade. Some of the people in the cars throw candy to the kidlets & my girls have a lot of fun. The first year we went I was 2 weeks from my due date with Pazely! I'm sure I was quite the roly-poly site! We always get a good spot in a park-ish area with grass & the girls can run around & play too. I'll try to get some fun & silly photos if I can to post tomorrow...


Happy Summer evening my friends! And by the way, thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. The tid bits look yummy! I'm thinking pincushion my self ;P...
    You will have to let me know how your new toy works! fun fun fun!!!
    I just got some new knobs you'll have to let me know what you think.
    Have fun at the car show! We looove shows like that too! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! I like the idea of pincusions. As a matter of fact, I've been DYING to make some pincusions too! It's on my list of "projects to make reality".

    ReplyDelete
  3. try the quilt Niki!!! just tie it instead of quilting it. these are lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.