Monday, October 8, 2007

Fun Freebies for November!


So, here are my cute little memo books. These were experiements that turned out quite well & so now I need to go get stacks more memo books. I always include a freebie in every order at WhiMSy love & I thought I'd mix it up a bit & offer these 3" x 5" memo pads for all orders in November. They were so fun to make too!


And I'm so excited about tomorrow----I'm making apple crisp! That has to be one of my favorite desserts--right below Jell-o brand cheesecake mix in a box. I love to eat apple crisp when it's just warm from the oven. Yummmm....Tomorrow is my once a month mommy's group & I've gathered all the supplies for 30 women to make apple crisp!! It was so fun buying all that flour & brown sugar & butter & yummy spices & stuff. I looked like I was gonna get my serious bake on, with my cart full of baking goodness!! We're mixing the apple filling part in gallon ziplock bags & the topping in quart ziplock bags. The ladies can then take it home & toss it in a pan to bake immediatley or freeze it for when they're ready to bake later. Cool idea huh? I'm opting for the immediate baking choice when I get home.


I'm re-doing those fall cards I showed you a few days ago. I thought of a better idea & it's not too late to re-design them. Just minor surgery.


The fabric for my first ever apron project is in the wash as I write. I'm thinking to head to JoAnn's for some coordinating fabric for the ties, waistband & pocket. Then, there's also the many embellishment to drool over. I'll be sure to post my work-in-progress. Oh! And Amy Karol (the author of "Bend-the-rules Sewing) is having a book signing in Portland sometime soon. Wish I could go! Portland is oh-so close...& yet so far.


Ok, this post is so random & kinda lame-o. So, I'll jazz it up a bit. I'll show you a pic of me & my man. We haven't had a picture together for years. Isn't that sad? I'm surprising him on Thursday with a date & one of the things we're doing is going to a photo booth for some awesome make-out shots. HAHA! No, we'll keep it PG..................13.


4 comments:

  1. Very cute! Great idea for a customer appreciation gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with the cupcake books, so cute. How awesome do you and your hubby look, what a lovely idea a date night, my hubby and I never did dates, we were living together within 3 weeks of meeting. I think I shall tell him he has to do a date night.
    Oh that desert sounds too yummy and great idea for the ziplocks, wouldn't mind a sneaky at that receipe.
    Kara
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little cupcake books, and an even cuter hubby!! :) Now I *really* wanna be you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great giveaways! They would be make excellent stocking stuffers. Tell Mr. WhiMSy love, nice to meet him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.