Monday, October 1, 2007

Weightlessness...Step One.

I don't know if you remember me talking about the "Weight Loss Wednesday" support group I joined over at Laura's blog, katydiddys. Well, for my first project, I FINALLY got a sketchbook today to use as a food journal. I looked everywhere for blank (as in, un-lined) journals & finally found one for $6.99 at Hastings. I decorated it with a cupcake. I know, I know. It makes sense to ME though. I used the same technique I use when I make my vintage thrifted aprons that are decorated with cupcakes--I use that fusible iron-on stuff. The journal happened to be hardbound & decorated with fabric. Score! Don't you love a fresh, brand new journal with all its blank wonderful pages staring back at you? I do! I'm planning to keep a constant stream of thoughts in this journal about this whole weighty thing & once a week record all the foodage I stuffed my face with that day. We're supposed to photograph or sketch a meal also. I'm excited to use this whole thing as an excuse to do some journaling & possibly get back to my sketching. I'm also excited to start walking, especially on these extremely cool fall evenings!

2 comments:

  1. OH Nikki your journal is gorgeous, I covered mine last night and don't like it much but haven't embellished it yet.
    Hope things are going well for you
    kara
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great journal! Be sure to post a comment with a link to this entry on my blog under the Weight Loss Wednesday post so that everyone can find your beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.