Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Mess is Un-Messy!!

Do you remember this mess in my art studio? I felt quite embarrassed after realizing how shocked a few of you were at my creative tornado. But NOW look!....
I love hanging out in here now! My new computer sits on a BRIGHT pink desk that I painted a couple weeks ago. The color was called "Brine Rose" but I renamed it "Hot-Cha-Cha". I've got a wee TV in here too. Hey, all I need is a mini fridge, a toilet & a tiny microwave & I'll NEVER leave!!
Oh look! You can see Harold! And do you notice my "WhiMSy love" sign. I lost the "y" somewhere in all the mess. I think Harold ate it. My girls LOVE coming in here & tinkering with all my supplies & doo-dads.

And by the way, I survived my girls' first day of school! I thought I'd have an emotional Kindergarten moment, but I held it together. I had a blast this summer, but I look forward to some structure. And this small makeover is a step in the right organizational direction!
Check back later today for a "celery painting" tutorial!!!

8 comments:

  1. You're right, that's much better. Looks like you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY, OH MY Goodness, Nikki...I am soooooooo relating to you right now...except MY studio still looks like picture #1 on today's post...Thanks for inspiring me to keep going with my clean & purge...hopefully I can find the bottom of my piles...or at least one of my tables! Creative blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your area. gorgeous stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked the photo of your messy studio, i'm glad to see i'm not the only one who can't keep things tidy. it's funny how when you're all busy it's easy not to see how much mess you create..it's more obvious to people from the outside.. i have shocked a few people with my lack of organisation skills. it's well refreshening to tidy up though! and seeing your studio transform had me all inspired; i might have to make an attempt at it too - just now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute! i'm way jealous now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's not a mess!
    Spookily enough I'm tidying my workroom up at the moment (well, just taken a break to blog, obviously) and I'm loving finding things I'd completely forgotten about - I'm especially looking forward to seeing what the floor is like ... it's been so long since I've seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a great space! i bet you are so inspired when u go in there nik!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im not shocked at all. My daughter and I were looking at your blog and she said "look mom that kinda looks like your crafty area!" So no worries :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.