Saturday, September 6, 2008

Oreo Truffles

My super duper friend Tia has been busy making loads of treats for a wedding this weekend. I went over to her house to help her make (& sample) some. We made Oreo Truffles & I couldn't believe how EASY they were to make--& how deeeeee-licious--so I had to turn it into a tute (tutorial).
I snapped a photo of the recipe, but if you can't read it here, go to THIS LINK at Recipe Zaar for all the details.
To make about 40 truffles all you need are:

1 package of OREOS (I HIGHLY recommend the double stuff mint ones. The truffles made from these are TO DIE FOR!)
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 lb. of milk chocolate
1/2 lb. of white chocolate

The first thing you'll do is chop all the oreos into crumb size bits.

It'll look like this....





Next, in a separate bowl, add your cream cheese...







...& toss in the crumbed oreos.







Add your vanilla...





...& cream until smooth.




You'll roll the mixture into small balls & place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for 45 minutes. While the oreo balls are partying in the fridge, melt your milk chocolate chips.


Tia mixes about 1 TB of shortening in with the chocolate to make it more smooth.









Now toss each oreo ball into the mixture...
& carefully coat it with chocolate. Tia says a small fork works best.
Lift the chocolate coated ball out of the melted goo & let the excess chocolate drip off.
Place the treat onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.

When they are all done being dunked in the chocolate bath, you'll get to drizzle them with the white chocolate. For the mint truffles we added some green food coloring to the white chocolate before drizzling.



Don't they look so perty? They taste so good too!


She also made chocolate covered pretzel rods...




...& mini cheesecakes using mini vanilla wafers as the crust in the bottom.




I think I'll be crashing a wedding this weekend...

**Top photo courtesy of Tia Pollick.

17 comments:

  1. Hey Nikki, let's crash that wedding today...they look so GOOD!!! Thanks for the recipe, might make a new family holiday treat.

    huggles,

    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretzels! Look yummy. The oreo truffles, there are no words-- none at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a quick question for ya... who takes all of the pics with you in them for you? They are always so funny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi "amber, that's me!"---I actually take all the pictures of myself! I'm a self-portrait afficionado!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh...I am so wanting some!! They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo man I need to try that recipe!! Everything looks sooo delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are just too cool, I mean you cook the most incredable things and they always look like they should be in a fancy store window.
    Coolest mom ever.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The link to these amazing looking truffles showed up in my mailbox this morning! YUM! I'll be linking to these! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. they look FANTASTIC! great tute and great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stumbled here, great blog! I have made these as well as cake balls, they are all truly fabulous. Bakerella has a recipe for Nutter Butter Truffles. Basically it's the same recipe, just use a package of nutter butters instead of oreos. MMMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look scrumptous!

    What is your policy about borrowing a picture of these treats to link back to your page from my blog?

    I would like to share your recipe with my readers and would do so by having them go to your blog via a link on my place if that is ok.

    I'll wait for your permission.

    ReplyDelete
  12. charlene roffeyMarch 16, 2010 5:30 PM

    The truffles looks so yummy! I think I might just have these for our wedding favors. Thank you for your post - these are awesome!

    Well done with the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to do these as a bridal shower favor...stupid question, do they have to be refrigerated?

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look great! found you thanks to Intimate Weddings, and so wondered if these keep well & for how long?
    Thanks for sharing!
    linedupuy(at)hotmail(dot)fr

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot wait to make these with my gals for my wedding. IW had the link on their site. You are a true foodie! Keep it up! c:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.