Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pie & Paint Swatches

Sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves & ginger. Can you guess what I made yesterday? Here's another very important clue...
I made pumpkin pie!! I have been craving this yummy dessert & just HAD to make it. And this might sound strange, but I have NEVER made pumpkin pie before! It was very soupy & weird & I had no idea how it would set up. But, it eventually baked to perfection.


I took this pie to a movie/munchies night with some ladies. We watched Arsenic & Old Lace, starring Cary Grant. I'm not a total fan of old movies (this one was released in 1944), but it was a great movie! Perfect for Halloween too.



My friend Tia & I went on a super-paint-swatch-snaggin' hunt earlier this week. Our kidlets wanted to make those paint swatch notebooks. Look at my adorable little crafty class!

I've made a bunch of these notebooks & they'll be available for a buck at the Christmas bazaar! I'm also thinking of giving them as a "free gift with purchase" while supplies last. They turned out really cute & they're so fun to make. (Are you sick of hearing about these notebooks yet?)


Today I'm working on a tutorial to post tomorrow. To fill my crafty fuel tank, guess what I had for breakfast?

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Pumpkin pie is my 2nd favorite breakfast in the whole wide world. Half a slice of pecan pie and half a slice of pumpkin is my first fave. Oh, let's be honest. I want a full piece of both. With ice cream. For breakfast.
    Love love love the freckles. That's what we're famous for in our family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm.....pumpkin pie....cue drooling.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.