Saturday, January 31, 2009

Going to See Pops

I'll be gone this weekend, leaving early this morning with my sis & grandmother to drive the trip to Seattle again to see my dad. THIS time we're staying the night! I'm so anxious & excited to see my dad & mom. His birthday is in 4 days & I'm hoping to do something special. Not sure what. He can't eat cake. Or drink punch. Or blow party horns. Not sure if he'd appreciate a birthday hat. I'll have to think about it...
My dad had surgery again yesterday---his 3rd one in less than a month. Though the cancer is now gone, there's still some other problems that the docs are trying to fix up. It's been a scary journey & will continue to be a long healing process. And the whole "waiting with bated breath" thing? I'm turning blue from holding my breath so long.
See you Monday...

4 comments:

  1. Your father and family is in my prayers.

    And I'm sure you'll come up with something cool & creative for his birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey chickie -

    I will pray for your dad.. Be safe.

    Congrats on that stupid craft law getting delayed by a year! Yay for you!!

    I had an idea for you at CHA though. If the stupid law does become a reality next year, then just label your onesies " For ages 12 & up only".

    heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for your Dad and a happy birthday .
    clares craftroom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.